I will soon be replacing a WinNT box with Linux. (30 network users)
One facility on the NT box that works real well is the pop3/smtp email
server and virus scanning.
On the NT box:
1. pop3/smtp email server - IMail from
2. gateway - Declude Virus from http://www.declude.com/Virus/index.html
3. virus scanner - F-Prot from http://www.f-prot.com/index2.html
This is the one part of the NT system that I am reluctant to replace - it
works real well. All incoming email and attachments are scanned for viruses
and quantined. I get about 3 automatic emails from the site saying it caught
Declude is nice cuz it coordinates the virus checking. It calls F-Prot and,
if F-Prot says the email has a virus, Declude quarantines it and sends
emails to: the sender, the recipient, the system admin person and me.
On the Linux box I think I can still use F-Prot for virus protection cuz
they say they have a Linux version.
1. What is good gateway software that provides the functionality of Declude
2. And what is good email pop3 (and maybe imap4) software?