ATI Graphics Pro Turbo

Post by Golden Richa » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 15:17:48

Has anyone set up the PCI ATI Graphics Pro Turbo with XFree 3.1?  I have the
2MB VRAM model.  Is there an accelerated driver for the MACH-64?

Thanks for any info.

--Golden

--
Golden G. Richard III                Asst. Professor, Dept. of Computer Science

  My sick and twisted opinions are my own, of course.  It's more fun that way.

ATI Graphics Pro Turbo

Post by jle.. » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 13:21:28

Quote:>Has anyone set up the PCI ATI Graphics Pro Turbo with XFree 3.1?  I have the
>2MB VRAM model.  Is there an accelerated driver for the MACH-64?

You'll have to use the SVGA server.  Use the new config program for XF
3.1...sorry I don't remember the name, but it's very long and has config in
it.  Run a 'find . -iname '*config*' ' from / and you'll find it.

 Mime attachments are OK       |
 But please ask before sending unsolicited huge files.

http://inorganic5.chem.ufl.edu

ATI Graphics Pro Turbo

Post by Thomas Dunba » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 21:50:21

> >Has anyone set up the PCI ATI Graphics Pro Turbo with XFree 3.1?  I have the
> >2MB VRAM model.  Is there an accelerated driver for the MACH-64?

> You'll have to use the SVGA server.  Use the new config program for XF

AcceleratedX (ftp.xinside.com for info) supports the Mach-64..
i'm using it right now in 16bit color mode.

re the AcceleratedX server:

* written by Thomas Roell
* i haven't seen the big performance increases advertized; however
   i'm using it on very low end hardware. windows seem to pop up
   a bit faster; netscape (and other Motif apps) load much faster
   ..i suspect this is related to font loading.
* key-mapping is fixed so that, for example, delete and backspace
  keys work in Netscape.
* one floppy dist. has tar.Z file with support for about every
  card (and RAMDAC) out there. the linux floppy also supports

  other "modules" are shared)
* easier install..no need to calc hsyncs, etc. however, the
  included Xsetup program didnt work for me and i had to
  copy the Xaccel.ini file to /etc and edit it by hand. the
  editing is very simple (just change the name of board/monitor
  config files, mouse type, etc) and well-documented in the manual.
    (note: if you really like calculating hsync pulses, etc. you
     can certainly create you own custom modes, change mfreq64.vda
     for example)
* current version is 1.1, cost $99. can upgrade to 1.2 for
  cost of media.

    thomas