> >Has anyone set up the PCI ATI Graphics Pro Turbo with XFree 3.1? I have the
> >2MB VRAM model. Is there an accelerated driver for the MACH-64?
> You'll have to use the SVGA server. Use the new config program for XF
AcceleratedX (ftp.xinside.com for info) supports the Mach-64..
i'm using it right now in 16bit color mode.
re the AcceleratedX server:
* written by Thomas Roell
* i haven't seen the big performance increases advertized; however
i'm using it on very low end hardware. windows seem to pop up
a bit faster; netscape (and other Motif apps) load much faster
..i suspect this is related to font loading.
* key-mapping is fixed so that, for example, delete and backspace
keys work in Netscape.
* one floppy dist. has tar.Z file with support for about every
card (and RAMDAC) out there. the linux floppy also supports
other "modules" are shared)
* easier install..no need to calc hsyncs, etc. however, the
included Xsetup program didnt work for me and i had to
copy the Xaccel.ini file to /etc and edit it by hand. the
editing is very simple (just change the name of board/monitor
config files, mouse type, etc) and well-documented in the manual.
(note: if you really like calculating hsync pulses, etc. you
can certainly create you own custom modes, change mfreq64.vda
* current version is 1.1, cost $99. can upgrade to 1.2 for
cost of media.