PCMCIA SCSI info

Post by Randall Jon » Wed, 03 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi.
I'm looking for info about using a PCMCIA SCSI controller with Linux.
I've seen both type II and type III PCMCIA versions.  Is there a difference?

Is there a good source of information on PCMCIA under Linux?
Are there drivers currently available to use a PCMCIA SCSI controller?

I'd also like suggestions (or experiences) about PCMCIA SCSI controller
brands.

Thanks to all.

++Randall Jones

NRAO - AOC - Interference Protection

--
++

Post by Stephan Pf » Sat, 06 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Hi.
: I'm looking for info about using a PCMCIA SCSI controller with Linux.
: I've seen both type II and type III PCMCIA versions.  Is there a difference?

Everything about pcmcia on linux at:

There are not many PCMCIA-SCSI cards and just 2 or 3 (?) are supported.
I have a Qlogic Fastscsi. It is a type 2.

I'm total clueless when it comes to interupts and related memory locations,
but David Hinds and the people I bought the laptop from could help me.

Works flawless ever since.

Stephan

PCMCIA SCSI info

Post by Ivo Wel » Sun, 07 Apr 1996 04:00:00

The New Media bustoaster also works flawlessly---out of the box.  Kudos to
David Hinds.  (Remember to only turn the SCSI support but no specific SCSI
devices on when you compile your kernel.)

/ivo welch

--

Assoc Prof of Finance           Anderson GSM at UCLA
        110 Westwood Plaza, Box 951481, LA CA 90095-1481

PCMCIA SCSI info

Post by Knut Eckste » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

I operate an Adaptec PCMCIA SCSI card in my Zenith Noteflex Laptop.
The card runs without any problems. Let me know if I can be of further
assistance.

Yours,

Knut

--
Knut Eckstein                               GKKS, Universitaet Stuttgart
WORK:  ISD,  Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart, 0711/685-20 53, FRG

1. need info on PCMCIA-SCSI adaptor from Adaptec

        After realizing that we need SCSI support with our linux
laptop, and realizing that there was non out there, we are attemping
to write a linux driver for an Adaptec SlimSCSI pcmcia card.  The
pcmciad.c program has been a helpful starting point, but now we need
technical info on the SlimSCSI card itself.

        This is our problem.  Adaptec/Trantor did not wish to provide
us with this info. (Perhaps we talked with the wrong people at
Adaptec?)  Does anyone know a good contact at Adaptec (or Trantor)?
Is there anyone out there from Adaptec?

        We are hoping that the SlimSCSI is similar to some other
Adaptec product, but we really need some info before we can contribute
a PCMCIA SCSI driver to the linux world. :)

        Alternatively, are there any other SCSI-PCMCIA makers out
there that might be more helpful. (But we've already bought the
adaptec version) Who says adaptec must always be the SCSI standard for
Linux?

                Sid Hellman
--
Sid Hellman at the Passcal Instrument Center | "Quotes taken out
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory             |     of context have

2. alps adjustable mouse?

3. PCMCIA problem: Device info does not match JEDEC info!

4. Multithreaded cp

5. Running Slack of PCMCIA SCSI CARD with external SCSI drive Anyone

6. Where? Patch file ... 1.0 -> 1.1

7. Installing linux using SCSI CD-ROM on PCMCIA card, onto SCSI hard drive

8. Context-sensitive help standard?

9. Help with SCSI tape drive, PCMCIA SCSI card

10. SCSI ZIP & PCMCIA SCSI?

11. SCSI vs. SCSI-2 info

12. PCMCIA woes w/ more info

13. Looking for driver source code or tech info on IBM LAN Entry PCMCIA card 92G7787