LOOKING FOR GOOD LINUX SYS ADMIN BOOK

Post by Todd We » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>in the "Linux Bible."  The only thing I don't like about the "Linux
>Bible" is the system administration section is a bit weak.  Otherwise,
>it packs a LOT of information into one volume.

It's also almost certain to be out of date---the only way I've found
to get reasonably up to date information is to use the LDP web pages.
Besides, last time I checked most of the Bible was FAQs and HOWTOS
that can be downloaded for free (you can also download alll 200-odd MB
of PS sorce for the Bible, but it's probably cheaper to buy it than to
print it yourself), so why spend the money?  If you're looking for a
systems administration guide, and want something that truly addresses
sysadminsitration, I'd suggest _Unix System Administration_ by Nemeth,
Snyder, Seebeck, et. al.  General opinion around here and more than a
few other places is that this is the *real* systems administration
bible.

Todd
--
"Sysadmining is a burden, not a priviledge."  --Aaron Marsh