LPRng-3.7.4 and Mandrake-8.0??

Post by Ish Ratta » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:52:40

Hello

I am trying to compile LPRng-3.7.4 under Mandrake-8.0. The configure
script complains about gdbm.h header file and stops with a suggestion
of
        CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include configure

It is not there too. Where can I find this header file?
Is there an binary rpm available on the net?

-ishwar

LPRng-3.7.4 and Mandrake-8.0??

Post by Dave Uhrin » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:52:58

> Hello

> I am trying to compile LPRng-3.7.4 under Mandrake-8.0. The configure
> script complains about gdbm.h header file and stops with a suggestion
> of
> CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include configure

> It is not there too. Where can I find this header file?
> Is there an binary rpm available on the net?

> -ishwar

gdbm is the GNU database manager.  LPRng will compile without it if you
specifically set the configuration option.  ./configure --help

1. TCP Wrappers 7.4

I just got this version of tcp wrappers up and running on
a new Solaris system.  I seem to get an error message
echoed to the console, something like the following:

Feb 21 09:05:54 <machine_name> in.fingerd[1100]: error: cannot execute
/usr/sbin/in.fingerd: Exec format error

This occurs when a network connection is made going from
<machine_name> to another machine.  Everything else appears
to be working fine and the hosts.allow/deny files seem
to be working fine also.  Any ideas???  Thanks in advance.

--
//=========================
// Jason J. Repik

//=========================

2. Must Linux use DNS to browse www?

3. screen-3.7.4

4. escape sequences printer

5. Cluster failover scripts for LiveCache 7.4

6. Sendmail Catchall Configuration

7. eg fault with taper6.7.4

8. Tiny Linux on a 386, also loading linux with floppies

9. FreeBSD 7.4 i386 with PAE kernel crash

10. Q: taper-6.7.4 child segfault

11. TSM3.7.4 Netscapeand AIX4.3.3

12. TCP Wrapper 7.4 available

13. Sendmail-8.7.4-1 won't serve my POP3 clients