Accounting, Database info needed

Post by cr.. » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00

SUBJECT: Accounting, Database help
DATE: Sun, 16 Mar 97 17:04:47 GMT

I'm trying to set up a small retail outlet using Linux.  I need a good
accounting program (AR, AP, PR, Returns, etc.) and database, preferably one
that I can link to my web site.  It would be nice to have Linux compliant
programs rather than DOS or Windoze versions running under an emulator.

The Linux Journal Buyers Guide lists a few accounting programs:

        AccountFlex
                (Infoflex)              - Complete but out of my price range.
        Accounting for Linux
                (Just Computers)        - Not finished and on the back burner.
        AcctOnit
                (Workgroup Solutions)   - Still in beta.

I assume there others that didn't make it into the buyers guide.  Is anyone
else using Linux in retail? (I would assume someone is.)  Any recommendations
would be greatly appreciated, particularly something taylored to a commercial
retail environment and that I can integrate with my web site.

Regards,

craig

Accounting, Database info needed

Post by Hal L. Daviso » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

What kind of budget ya got ? What ya get will depend on how much $$$ you
got.

-- Hal.

===================================
Hal Davison                    Davison Consulting
                        Since 1985
Making 'Progress' for the Petroleum Industry
==================================

> SUBJECT: Accounting, Database help
> DATE: Sun, 16 Mar 97 17:04:47 GMT

> I'm trying to set up a small retail outlet using Linux.  I need a good
> accounting program (AR, AP, PR, Returns, etc.) and database, preferably
one
> that I can link to my web site.  It would be nice to have Linux compliant
> programs rather than DOS or Windoze versions running under an emulator.

> The Linux Journal Buyers Guide lists a few accounting programs:

>    AccountFlex
>            (Infoflex)              - Complete but out of my price range.
>    Accounting for Linux
>            (Just Computers)        - Not finished and on the back burner.
>    AcctOnit
>            (Workgroup Solutions)   - Still in beta.

> I assume there others that didn't make it into the buyers guide.  Is
anyone
> else using Linux in retail? (I would assume someone is.)  Any
recommendations
> would be greatly appreciated, particularly something taylored to a
commercial
> retail environment and that I can integrate with my web site.

> Regards,

> craig

1. Running BSD 4.35, need account database

  Our current account database is outdated, and before I build one
more account, I just wanted to ask the net what is available?  The
software will store records about each student, build them accounts,
add/delete them from groups, set passwords, etc.  Really nothing too
difficult!!

 Adam

                                                     __   __
                                                    /  `-' /          ,,
      It's Only Rock'n'Roll but  I like it!         |[====|||||||||||[::}

2. routing multicast traffic

3. Need info on MySQL or other SQL database servers

4. serious problems cuseeme + ip_masquerading

5. Need info on IP Accounting, Kerberos

6. Help for Networkinstallation: Linux -> Win 98 w/ 3com509

7. Transferring User Accounts and Groups Info Needed!

8. DPS problem on Solaris 8

9. help -- need to get info about how to get info from object files.

10. need info about how to query for hardware/os/software info

11. Accounting, Database help

12. Account Database Problems ?

13. How to select specific mail accounts to receive postings with bulletin database (solaris - sendmail)