Anyone ever installed Linux in the presence of UltraStor 24F (EISA SCSI) controller?

Anyone ever installed Linux in the presence of UltraStor 24F (EISA SCSI) controller?

Post by Lifesabeach Andthen Youdi » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

If there is anyone out there who has ever installed Linux, esp. Slackware, in
the presence of an UltraStor 24F (EISA SCSI) controller, I wuld very much
appreciate your contacting me at:

I can't get beyond the formnatting of the Linux partition. It quits in a panic
with a lot of error messages about the controller card. Of course the
controller card may have absolutely nothing to with the actual problem.... But
anyway just in case, I would like to compare some notes. I am absolutely stuck
and can't go anywhere with Linux till I get past this hurdle.

1. Help with installing Linux Slackware on a SCSI EISA system with UltraStor 24F controller

If there is ANYOINE out there with the remotest clue how to overcome the
following problem, PLEEZE e-mail me at

 PROBLEM:

 Attempts to format the Linux native partition cause a "kernel panic"

 So, as a result,  I have yet to install a single Linux package!
Neither the 2048 or 4096 inode settings work -- both cause the same kernel
panic.

 The controller is UltraStor 24F. This is explicitly described as an EISA SCSI
controller that Linux supports.

 SOLUTION ATTEMPTS:

 I tried not formatting the partition. This is a non-starter.

 I tried the 2048 and 4096 settings. These both caused a kernel panic.

2. Create a user account without entering password

3. ULTRASTOR 24F EISA SCSI driver ?

4. Microsoft Natural Keyboard on a Sparc 5?

5. problems configuring Ultrastor 24f EISA SCSI Card

6. ppp problems

7. Ultrastor 24F SCSI controller & SCSI timeouts

8. BSDi port of JDK

9. ULTRASTOR 24F EISA SCSI driver ?

10. Linux driver for Ultrastor 24F SCSI controller ?

11. Ultrastor 22f (esdi card) confuses Ultrastor 24f (scsi card) drivers

12. Linux + UltraStor 24F EISA

13. timeout and eventual kernal panic with ultrastor 24f scsi controller