COMMERCIAL: Offical Debian 1.3 two CD set $4.95, Free to , Debian , Developers

Post by Warwick HARV » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>So why didn't you respect "CD_MAKERS_README.txt" which says:

[...]

Quote:>Thanks for doing Debian and it's potential users yet another
>disservice! :-(
>                                    Disappointed, P. *8^)

Note that the original party was advertising the "Official Debian" two-CD
set.  This is *different* from making their own CDs, they're using the
officially supplied Debian CD images, which have (since) been announced as
available.  If Debian produced some official images that were 1.3 (rather
than 1.3.1), and announced their availability, how can you say a
manufacturer who starts selling them (with the option of a $5 donation to
Debian, and offering free copies to Debian developers) is doing the wrong
thing?

I know there have been problems with CD manufacturers in the past, but I
wouldn't want to see CD manufacturers who appear to be doing the right thing
by Debian (in several ways) being put off by people jumping the gun a bit
and accusing them of things they haven't done.

                                Warwick

Department of Computer Science                        phone: +61-3-9344-9171
University of Melbourne                                 fax: +61-3-9348-1184
Parkville, Victoria, AUSTRALIA 3052     web: http://www.cs.mu.OZ.AU/~warwick

Post by Paul Seeli » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> >So why didn't you respect "CD_MAKERS_README.txt" which says:

> [...]

> >Thanks for doing Debian and it's potential users yet another
> >disservice! :-(
> [...]
> I know there have been problems with CD manufacturers in the past, but I
> wouldn't want to see CD manufacturers who appear to be doing the right thing
> by Debian (in several ways) being put off by people jumping the gun a bit
> and accusing them of things they haven't done.

I stand corrected and apologize here for being too fast with my
presumptions. I was already informed by LSL via email about my obvious
misunderstanding. Sorry!
                                  Thank you, P. *8^)

   Johannes Gutenberg-University   -  Forum 6  -  55099 Mainz/Germany
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig