dosemu drives me nuts!

Post by David Perkows » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 14:31:08

Ack! I need some help here. Dosemu, which is a great, wonderful emulator,
doesn't seem to want to load my mouse drivers. Well, no - it loads the driver
- but it just doesn't work (the mouse). Mouse works fine in X and with gpm - I
have killed gpm before I start DOS, and it still doesn't work. It's an MS
Mouse 2.0 and the MS Mouse 9 drivers. Dosemu is 0.53pl45 I think..

I'd really love to know how, because .. well, vgaplanets is much easier to
play with a mouse. =-)

--
-------< The opinions stated above are my employer's and not my own >-------
  URL="http://cac.psu.edu/~dkp106/"                Alfa Romeo Milano Verde

dosemu drives me nuts!

Post by Ravi Krishna Swa » Sun, 02 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I've been having trouble trying to get dosemu to display anything other
than monochrome.  I am running kernel 1.2.0 and dosemu 0.52.  I am still
starting dosemu with dos -A and I've been trying to get dos edit
(qbasic /edit) to display in color.  My graphics card is a Diamond Stealth
64 PCI w/ 2 mb VRAM.  Does dosemu not support it?  I know that the XFree86
team had refused to support Diamond stuff because Diamond wouldn't release
specs, but Diamond has changed their policy and Diamond stuff is supported
in XFree86 3.1.1  I've tried editing /etc/dosemu.conf and enabling
the S3 setting (the stealth 64 has a S3 chip) and also tried the Diamond
setting.  None of these seem to work and just lock up dosemu.  If anybody
has a Stealth 64 working with dosemu then I would really appreciate it
if you mailed me your /etc/dosemu.conf file or told me what you did.

Thanks,
Ravi
--
"You know how dumb the average person is?"
"Well half the people are dumber than that."

DOS + Windoze = dumb half Linux + X = smart half

Ravi K. Swamy             http://www2.ncsu.edu/eos/users/r/rkswamy/www/

dosemu drives me nuts!

Post by Michael J Donah » Wed, 05 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I've been having trouble trying to get dosemu to display anything other
>than monochrome.  I am running kernel 1.2.0 and dosemu 0.52.  I am still
>starting dosemu with dos -A and I've been trying to get dos edit
>(qbasic /edit) to display in color.  My graphics card is a Diamond Stealth
>64 PCI w/ 2 mb VRAM.  Does dosemu not support it?  I know that the XFree86
>team had refused to support Diamond stuff because Diamond wouldn't release
>specs, but Diamond has changed their policy and Diamond stuff is supported
>in XFree86 3.1.1  I've tried editing /etc/dosemu.conf and enabling
>the S3 setting (the stealth 64 has a S3 chip) and also tried the Diamond
>setting.  None of these seem to work and just lock up dosemu.  If anybody
>has a Stealth 64 working with dosemu then I would really appreciate it
>if you mailed me your /etc/dosemu.conf file or told me what you did.

I have the same problem with a Stealth 64PCI 1mb DRAM.  If anyone has
this working please post!

Thanks,

-mike

dosemu drives me nuts!

Post by Andre Seesi » Mon, 10 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: >
[...]

And here is another person with the same problem. I already mailed debug
files but there is still no progress on our problem. Dosemu still works
with older source code from XFree 2.1!!!

Andre

 Andre Seesink                       Unimills B.V.
 Unix & Database administrator       Lindtsedijk 8
                                     3336 LE  Zwijndrecht
 Prive:                              The Netherlands
 Ribes 26                            Fax: +31-78-109241
 3171 NC  Poortugaal                 Tel: +31-78-109313

 Tel: +31-1890-14056

A tout le monde, A tout les amis
     Je vous aime, Je dois partir
          These are the last words I'll ever speak
               And they'll set me free
                    (Megadeth - youthanasia '94)

1. DOSEMU: how to make native DOS drive C: appear as DOSEMU drive C: ?

Hello,

I installed dosemu 0.60.3 on my Linux 1.2.11. I can boot from
hdimage as the first drive C: just fine.

However, I would like to boot from hdimage but would like to see it as
another drive letter so that I can redirect with lredir my /dos mount
as drive c:. Otherwise I'll have to change all the install setups on
my native DOS partition to reflect the different drive letter as seen
by dosemu.

Or is it possible to boot from /dos directly?
disk {partition "/dev/sda1"} (my dos partition) as the first disk
statement in /etc/dosemu.conf didn't let dosemu to boot. Where can I
find more info about the disk command options besides the HOWTO file
and dosemu.texinfo (for Version 0.49!)?

Any help?

Greetings, Dirk

2. fcntl() locks and threads

3. getting nuts from dosemu

4. Content-type: text/plain

5. kxmlrpcd (nuts, i'm goin nuts)

6. Can Bluetooth co-exist with Linux & Asus motherboard?

7. "connection reset by peer" is driving me nuts!!!!

8. Can answer this question on Xig AcceleratedX 4.1

9. PAM is driving me nuts

10. Warning: Frontpage tries to drive you nuts...

11. NFS problem, driving me nuts

12. 2nd post-this is driving me nuts!

13. evil gdm error message driving me nuts!