1. Redhat CDE and Redhat 5.0
I know this is probably a FAQ, but honestly, I can't find it.
I was using Redhat 4.2 and Redhat CDE. Everything worked great and then
I got greedy and decided to upgrade to Redhat 5.0. The installation
appeared to go smoothly. I then followed the Errata from the Redhat
web site to update the loader and the "fix" for TED. However, when I
rebooted and logged in (I got the dtlogin screen), it hung on the light
blue splash screen - I switched consoles and logged in as root (there
were an awful lot of httpd processes). I checked everything and it appeared
to be fine - so I rebooted and same behavior.
Reinstall time! I removed CDE with the package manager and attempted to
reinstall CDE. It pukes on me with the following errors:
warning: '-' deprecated with 'ps ax', not 'ps -ax' (repeated 6 times)
warning: '-' deprecated with 'ps uax', not 'ps -uax'
Anybody have any thoughts on this one?
This is really starting to piss me off royally. I can't believe a simple
upgrade broke CDE (it didn't break when I upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2). I know,
I know, the lib switch was a BIG upgrade, but come on, this is really silly.
2. Slow network/disk when "getting" files
3. Redhat CDE vs. Redhat Linux 6.1
4. It's sad the flame between NetBSD and OpenBSD . . .
5. triteal cde linux redhat 4.2 login problem
6. cannot find programs in telnet session
7. Problem with cde uder RedHat 5.1
8. linux setup problems
9. CDE on redhat 4.2 ??
10. Maximum CDE and RedHat 6.0
11. CDE on RedHat 6.0
12. CDE 4.2/RedHat 5.1 Help please
13. CDE and RedHat 5.0