HELP: UK win95 keyboard mapping?

Post by Jason Saunder » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Whilst Netscape correctly recognises the pound () key, the non-X
console shell just beeps if I press it, normal emacs interprets it as a
#, and X-emacs prints \243. Obviously the various keymaps are wrong in
different ways, but I don't know how to fix it.

Any help appreciated.
Jason

1. HELP: UK win95 keyboard mapping?

Jason-

I came across your posting while trying to fix a similar problem with my
own machine.  You have probably got it sorted now, but for the record
I've found that under RedHat 5.2:

- I do see a similar problem.  It's characterised by a pound (sterling)
and logical-not sign  displaying incorrectly.

- The shell won't display them at all (it just beeps), but using vi or
cat to display them gives an accented lower-case u and a 1/4 sign
respectively.

- I was able to fix it by typing "setfont iso01.f16" (as root, before
starting X).  I selected iso01.f16 after browsing the directory
/usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts; YMMV.

- This fixes the identical-seeming problem in an nxterm under x, too

- I've now got the startup scripts to do this automatically by creating
a file called /etc/sysconfig/i18n containing the line
"SYSFONT=iso01.f16".  (i18n is used by /sbin/setsysfont).

Regards,
Tim S.

2. Exit X session, confronted with horizontal lines and shapes????

3. X station 120 UK keyboard map

4. Forwarding prints to HP-UX 9.x?

5. UK Keyboard Mapping - not in X

6. insmod/kernel changes require driver changes? (RH7.1:2.4.3-6 => RH7.2+2.4.16)

7. Problem with UK keyboard mapping

8. Wanted - rarpd for AIX 3.2

9. Can't get '£' with uk.map keyboard setup

10. How to set-up UK keyboard Map?

11. getting win95 shares on win95 machines to map with a login script with samba and win95

12. Help: UK Keyboard setup in SuSE

13. Need DEC Keyboard, keyboard mappings?