Mozilla problems in Mandrake 9.1

Post by FUNG WAI KEUN » Thu, 29 May 2003 16:07:45

Hi all,

I upgraded mozilla to 1.3.1 in Mandrake 9.1 and found problems in displaying unicode
(UTF-8).  Some Chinese characters cannot be displayed and mozilla just leaves them
blank.  If I highlight the missing characters (space?) with my mouse, the missing
characters appear.  I don't have the unicode display problem with mozilla 1.3 in
Mandrake 9.1 using the same profile.  Moreover, I try mozilla 1.4b and do not the
unicode display problem using the same profile as in mozilla 1.3.1.  However, the font
used in the UI of mozilla 1.4b is not antialiased.  Would you please point me to the
solutions of the unicode display problem in mozilla 1.3.1?

Thanks in advance.

--
========
Regards,

Department of Automation and Computer-Aided Engineering,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Shatin, N.T.,
Hong Kong

Tel: (852)26098056      Fax: (852)26036002

1. Mozilla 1.3 on Mandrake 9.1 unresponsive to mouse click or keyboard

I'm using Mozilla 1.3 that was installed with Mandrake 9.1.

I find it unresponsive many times to my mouse and keyboard. At the
address bar of the browser, the cursor disappers and nothing shows up as
i type. The same goes for Mozilla mail at "Subject or Sender contains:" bar.

I have to restart the program to make it work again. It also goes away
if i wait long enough.
Anything like this ever happened to you? Any idea what's wrong?

Syed Feruz

2. compiling Apache with JServ on Redhat Linux

3. Mandrake Control Center in Mandrake 9.1 not working

4. att & @home

5. Postfix needs smtp server setup voor contacting ISP?

6. how many open sockets can a host have?

7. HELP: Problem with HUGE fonts in Redhat 9 and Mandrake 9.1

8. Problems With 3c905b-tx-nm Since Upgrading from mandrake 8.2 to 9 and 2 9.1

9. Keyboard Problems Installing Mandrake 9.1

10. Any problems with Elite L7VMM2 MoBo-Mandrake 9.1

11. Problems with TightVNC, KDE 3.1, and Mandrake 9.1