weird RealAudio

Post by kingman cheu » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

  I have a weird problem with the RealAudio.  The realplayer can play but
without any sound.  But when I clicked on the "pause" switch of the realplayer
I can hear sound for about a fraction of a  second.  This can be repeated
as many times as I want.  Did anyone encounter this weird problem?

  I think this may be related to some link-libraries of realplayer. I am not
sure.  When I was using OSS/linux with 2.0.33, it ran OK.  But since
I upgraded to 2.1.xxx, no matter I use OSS/linux or OSS/free the same
problem with realplayer.  The worst is that even when I booted into 2.0.33
the realplayer won't work either.

  Any help?

Kingman Cheung

weird RealAudio

Post by leox » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>  I have a weird problem with the RealAudio.  The realplayer can play but
>without any sound.  But when I clicked on the "pause" switch of the realplayer
>I can hear sound for about a fraction of a  second.  This can be repeated
>as many times as I want.  Did anyone encounter this weird problem?

>  I think this may be related to some link-libraries of realplayer. I am not
>sure.  When I was using OSS/linux with 2.0.33, it ran OK.  But since
>I upgraded to 2.1.xxx, no matter I use OSS/linux or OSS/free the same
>problem with realplayer.  The worst is that even when I booted into 2.0.33
>the realplayer won't work either.

I have the exact same problem with RA on kernel 2.1.19, Creative Ensoniq PCI.
Also, I can play mp3's just fine, but wav's are very distorted.

--
JR

weird RealAudio

Post by Davi » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

>   I have a weird problem with the RealAudio.  The realplayer can play but
> without any sound.  But when I clicked on the "pause" switch of the realplayer
> I can hear sound for about a fraction of a  second.  This can be repeated
> as many times as I want.  Did anyone encounter this weird problem?

>   I think this may be related to some link-libraries of realplayer. I am not
> sure.  When I was using OSS/linux with 2.0.33, it ran OK.  But since
> I upgraded to 2.1.xxx, no matter I use OSS/linux or OSS/free the same
> problem with realplayer.  The worst is that even when I booted into 2.0.33
> the realplayer won't work either.

>   Any help?

> --
> Kingman Cheung

Hello Kingman, ya may want to check your path enviorment settings
for rvplayer $HOME and point to path also export as well in the
/etc/profile
that could be a problem when you upgraded?????
--
The Box said" Win95,NT 4.0 or better"
So I installed Linux !

homepage:http://www.foxvalley.net/~kb9lpk-3

weird RealAudio

Post by Davi » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

>   I have a weird problem with the RealAudio.  The realplayer can play but
> without any sound.  But when I clicked on the "pause" switch of the realplayer
> I can hear sound for about a fraction of a  second.  This can be repeated
> as many times as I want.  Did anyone encounter this weird problem?

>   I think this may be related to some link-libraries of realplayer. I am not
> sure.  When I was using OSS/linux with 2.0.33, it ran OK.  But since
> I upgraded to 2.1.xxx, no matter I use OSS/linux or OSS/free the same
> problem with realplayer.  The worst is that even when I booted into 2.0.33
> the realplayer won't work either.

>   Any help?

> --
> Kingman Cheung

ooops.another brain storm hi hi. Remember if ya upgraded kernel you will
also have to upgrade oss,also may have to recompile oss (SMP) for
2.1.XXX
which is stated at the oss home page of FAQ's...sk
--

Post by Alexandre Sidorenko (ERC HA » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>>  I have a weird problem with the RealAudio.  The realplayer can play but
>>without any sound.  But when I clicked on the "pause" switch of the realplayer
>>I can hear sound for about a fraction of a  second.  This can be repeated
>>as many times as I want.  Did anyone encounter this weird problem?

>>  I think this may be related to some link-libraries of realplayer. I am not
>>sure.  When I was using OSS/linux with 2.0.33, it ran OK.  But since
>>I upgraded to 2.1.xxx, no matter I use OSS/linux or OSS/free the same
>>problem with realplayer.  The worst is that even when I booted into 2.0.33
>>the realplayer won't work either.

>I have the exact same problem with RA on kernel 2.1.19, Creative Ensoniq PCI.
>Also, I can play mp3's just fine, but wav's are very distorted.

>--
>JR

I don't think it is related to libraries but either to kernel or OSS/linux.
I use the same libraries for 2 months now and this problem with RA has appeared
somewhere after linux-2.1.115. The kernel upgrade needs OSS/linux upgrade as
I have Ensoniq Audio/PCI. All the other sound applications run fine (I use
2.1.120 now).

Hewlett-Packard         Montreal HASE/DML team

1. weird RealAudio

Follow up to this problem:

  After download the rvplayer fresh froom the Realaudio site (not rpm
version), the audio works OK.  So no clue to the previous problem is found.
Another weird problem does happens.  When the rvplayer plays video, it
shows the negative of the image (something like when you look at the
negative of a developed film.)

--
  kingman
Kingman Cheung

2. Korean characters: how is it done?

3. RealPlayer RealAudio, Cannot locate RealAudio decoder

4. Netscape problem

5. Realaudio and bandwidth issues, has anyone used Realaudio server?

6. How to activate the external task bar.

7. Weird Ping, weird FTP, weird Telnet... HELP!!!

8. Anyone ever connected a PC running unix to PC lantastic network?

9. Weird, weird, weird issue ....

10. Weird, really weird???

11. HELP! Can't listen to Realaudio. Realaudio plugin for Navigator???

12. RealAudio ?

13. RealAudio trouble!