Parallel Zip/Printer Config in 5.2 -- Sherlock's Solution

Post by jaso » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

> Dear friends:

> Necessity is the mother of invention, they say, and in my case I had no
> choice but to find solution to the Zip configuration problem because I
> cannot upgrade from RH 5.2 (2.0.36 kernel) to RH 6.0 until RealPlayer
> upgrades its RP 5 to Real-G2 for Unix/Linux, and who knows when that
> might be. RP 5 is incompatible with 6.0 and 2.2.2)

Huh?  I have kernel 2.2.6-ac1, and RealPlayer 5 works fine.  You just
have to follow the directions in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes
(in the source for any 2.2.x kernel) for 'patching' the rvplayer
executable to work with 2.2.x kernels.  As for waiting for G2 on Linux,
don't hold your breath -- last I heard, Real decided *not* to finish
porting it to Linux (the player at least) for some reason or other.
(I could be wrong, though.)

-jason

(to reply via email, make the appropriate substitution in my email address)