1. PNG binaries available - convert GIF images to PNG and PNG <-> PNM
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Linux binaries for pnmtopng, pngtopnm, and gif2png are available at:
If you have trouble dowloading that, see
for helpful instructions.
PNG is the image format that renders GIF obsolete. It is perfect in
every way. For details on that, you can visit the PNG home page at:
The only shared libraries you need are libc and libm; all of the
others are linked statically.
The README is appended.
- -- DWF
This archive contains Linux binaries for pnmtopng, pngtopnm, and
I did not write any of this software; please see the files
README.gif2png and pnmtopng.copyright to read the authors' copyright
This software is provided 'as-is,' without any express or implied
warranty. In no event will the authors or I be held liable for any
damages arising from the use of this software, and it is not
guaranteed to be stable or correct in any way. So there.
I used the versions of everything that were publicly available as of
gif2png 0.6 (beta)
zlib-1.0.4 (statically linked)
libpng-0.90 (statically linked)
netpbm-1mar1994 (statically linked)
The only shared library dependencies for these binaries are the usual
libc and libm.
Credits to everybody: pnmtopng / pngtopnm is by Alexander Lehmann
a cast of thousands. The PNG specification is by a committee of the
For more information on PNG, see <URL:http://www.wco.com/~png/>. To
download the original distributions, see
- -- DWF, 1997-04-06
This article has been digitally signed by the moderator, using PGP.
http://www.iki.fi/liw/lars-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
PLEASE remember a short description of the software and the LOCATION.
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/liw/linux/cola.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
2. Problem with sysinstall (2.2.2)
3. --- CAN someone send me UUENCODED GIF/JPEG of Linux GUI *PLEASE?!* --
4. LinuxPPC Lite on Zip
5. Can someone please send me the RPM for xf-mail that works with Redhat 5.2
6. nkfs-module caldera std 1.1
7. Could someone please send me the FAQ?
8. why $* ?
9. Could someone please send me a 'lock' source code?
10. png images sent differently in apache 1.3.26
11. please, oh please, someone help me, i'm really stuck
12. Please Please Send Me Your DIP Scripts
13. Send beep to console when someone logs in via telnet