RH Kernal Update RPM's

Post by Berri » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I checked out the updates avail. from RH yesterday for 6.0, and noted
there was a kernal update.  Just out of curiousity, if you were to
update the the kernal via RPM, how would one do this correctly?  No
information seems to be provided by RH anywhere.

RH Kernal Update RPM's

Post by Bob Tenne » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

 >I checked out the updates avail. from RH yesterday for 6.0, and noted
 >there was a kernal update.  Just out of curiousity, if you were to
 >update the the kernal via RPM, how would one do this correctly?  No
 >information seems to be provided by RH anywhere.

http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/docs/kernel-upgrade/kernel-upgrade...

Bob T.

RH Kernal Update RPM's

Post by Villy Kru » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I checked out the updates avail. from RH yesterday for 6.0, and noted
>there was a kernal update.  Just out of curiousity, if you were to
>update the the kernal via RPM, how would one do this correctly?  No
>information seems to be provided by RH anywhere.

You have to remember to update /etc/lilo.conf with the new kernel
names and re-run lilo.  Also, if you have scsi disk units you
need to run mkinitrd so the scsi modules in the initrd file matches
the kernel being loaded.  Failing that the kernel won't boot.

Villy