New user, book or site suggestions

Post by Arvind Raj » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> <snip>
> but I would like suggestions on books or web sites that could help a new
> user get used to the Linux world. Thanks.
> <snip>

- The book "Running Linux" by M. Welsh and L. Kaufmann (spelling?),
  published by O'Reilly and Associates is very good.
- Web site: http://www.linux.org is a good place to start.

1. NEW Linux User = New Linux Shareware Web Site

NEW Linux User = New Linux Shareware Web Site

Hello,

 I am a new LINUX and X Windows user. I am also the Web Master of

Official Shareware Developers Web Pages
http://SLiceOfLife.com/Official/

We offer FREE Web Pages and FREE Shareware Page LINKS for
Shareware Developers.

If you are a shareware, freeware, demoware...
developer you can increase the your product distribution
using our FREE Services.

Official Shareware Developers Web Pages
FREEWare for Shareware Developers !!!
http://SLiceOfLife.com/Official/

2. Samba log errors

3. Forget the root passwd for PS2/8580 Running Aix ps2

4. New nntpd suggestion for a small site?

5. XF86Setup and Slackware 4.0

6. books suggestions for new admin

7. Color ls under xterm

8. Is there any suggestion to handle user and group for two unix hosts in same site

9. New Howto/mini-howto/man page/rfc/irc/book site

10. New User Needs Suggestions

11. New way to do QOS and limit bandwidth with Linux, new site , new software Howto Included

12. Which book do you recommend to a Solaris new user?