Compiling kernel

Post by RYAN Colin Patri » Wed, 22 Jun 1994 09:42:24

Help. I want to update the kernel and even simply compile some stuff under
linux but I cant' even make in through "make include". I think I have all the
approriate files: libc, gcc++,includes etc. but I think my problem lies in the
location of these file in relation to the gcc compiler. I figured that I could
modify these item appropriately in the Makefile but it wasn't that simple. Anyone know of a good -FAQ, or even if your could outline a tree structure that you are successfully using, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Colin P. Ryan

1. please help: newly compiled kernel cannot compile (2.0.34 slackware)

Hi all,

i been struggling with this for a week now,

sympton:

newly compiled kernel will not compile anything, only spit a bunch of debug
information at me. sometimes error 1 and error 2.
the error are not the same each time, if i compile a new kernel with it, , the
error is a bunch of debug code, if i compile modules, it's error 1 and 2, if i
compile BitchX, it's ....

this kernel boots just fine. loads everything just fine. it just can't compile
anything successfully.

fixes i tried(no luck):
1. checked all the include file soft links in place (as suggested in HOWTO)
2. re-install all over (a few times)
3. re-install liberaries. (they are all from new slackware 3.5 CD set)

i'm really running out of fix now, will anyone please let me know of any other
things to try?

(by the way guys, it seems that menuconfig won't do it for sound config, use
config will make it work)

i really gota compile ipforwarding and ip maquerading before the semester starts
or i'll have to share one ethernet plug with my roomate. i tried reading dox and
all , will anyone please help, thanks.)

Carol

2. A Little Question

3. Compiling modules without compiling kernel

4. setting up Ispell

5. Kernel panic on running newely compiled kernel

6. NS Enterprise on RS6000 model 320

7. I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I getr a kernel panic!

8. KMix in KDE

9. "module-info,kernel.h," after compiling kernel?

10. Compiling Kernel 2.0.34 to Kernel 2.2.7

11. HELP: Compiling kernel problem. Kernel 2.0.30

12. kernel error when compiling kernel on 4-stable (after make dep, during make)

13. Help!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!