ICS through win/linux :)

Post by Killer_l0 » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 00:43:28

I have set my server (win2000) to have internet connection sharing
(ics)
but i can't do my client work (mandrake).I have set ip 192.168.0.2 and
added the servers gateway through route
any help ?

ICS through win/linux :)

Post by Cyberbea » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:00:29

> I have set my server (win2000) to have internet connection sharing (ics)
> but i can't do my client work (mandrake).I have set ip 192.168.0.2 and
> added the servers gateway through route any help ?

The gateway address you entered is 192.168.0.1, correct?
Make sure you add the DNS server addresses to your client also. These would
be your ISP's DNS server addresses. On W2K open a command prompt and type
ipconfig /all  and you will see the addresses you need.

You could also set up your linux client to use DHCP and it will get all
the addresses it needs from your W2K machine. ICS sets up your W2K
machine as a DHCP server.

1. Accessing the Internet thru an ICS-enabled Win2K Pro box.

Hello,

I have two computers at home connected peer-to-peer thru a crossover cable.
One has Win2K Pro installed on it and is connected to the internet thru a
56K dial-up connection that has ICS enabled on it.  The other is a machine
that dual-boots between Red Hat 7.2 and Win2K Pro.  I'd like to know if I
can access the internet when I'm using Red Hat 7.2 by using the Win2K Pro
box as the proxy.  Much thanks for any input.

--
David A. Frischknecht
http://fishnetonline.tripod.com

2. TNT-PCI & Linux X-server

3. Win ICS and Linux networking problem

4. CDE keyboard Shortcuts

5. Help with linux and win 98 ICS!?

6. Keyboard LK451 with X (georgnowak@t-online.de)

7. Win 98 ICS, Redhat 7.2 linux laptop WITH _2 NICs_

8. Retrieve Mail from a WinNT Server

9. In article <3p81ut$659@condor.ic.net>, craig@falcon.ic.net (Craig Maloney) writes:

10. Is 64-bit Linux "true" 64 bit thru-and-thru??

11. Win NT and LINUX networking....:)

12. Connect Linux thru Win NT Proxy Server

13. Routing Win 95 thru Linux w/ISDN and Ethernet