Switching Redhat window manager

Post by Wayne Pilgri » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I recently installed Redhat 5.1 and was playing around switching from
the fvwm95 window manager to Afterstep.  I got it to switch to
Afterstep, but now I have no clue how to switch it back.  I'm sure it's
an easy answer.....I just don't know it.  I'd sure appreciate your help.

Thank You

Post by jik- » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I recently installed Redhat 5.1 and was playing around switching from
> the fvwm95 window manager to Afterstep.  I got it to switch to
> Afterstep, but now I have no clue how to switch it back.  I'm sure it's
> an easy answer.....I just don't know it.  I'd sure appreciate your help.

> Thank You

 edit ~/.xinit probably, or some system xinit file.

--
Noah Roberts (jik-)
http://home.sprintmail.com/~fract/

Post by Ian Ha » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I recently installed Redhat 5.1 and was playing around switching from
> the fvwm95 window manager to Afterstep.  I got it to switch to
> Afterstep, but now I have no clue how to switch it back.  I'm sure it's
> an easy answer.....I just don't know it.  I'd sure appreciate your help.

Start menu: "quit", "restart with AnotherLevel"

That'll take you right back.

Toronto, Canada      <http://www3.sympatico.ca/ian.hay/>
RH Linux 5.1 kernel 2.0.35 - No spam or HTML mail please