Difference between LinuxPPC & MkLinux?

Post by Daniel Buettne » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me what the difference between MkLinux and LinuxPPC is?
> Are there any differences that would effect which one I choose?

As far as I know (having no actual experience in this area) MkLinux
runs atop the Mach microkernel and linuxPPC is native code for the
PPC chip.

check www.linuxppc.org for more info

--
~
~

Difference between LinuxPPC & MkLinux?

Post by aaron yeun » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Heya
        Is there any Linux that will run on a palmtop? If yes, which palmtops
and which dist of linux?

thanks
-aaron

Post by Peter Makhol » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>    Is there any Linux that will run on a palmtop? If yes, which palmtops
> and which dist of linux?

I dont think any of the Real Distributions will run on a palmtop. I
think there is some attempts to port linux to palmtops. Try look at:

http://ryeham.ee.ryerson.ca/uClinux/

--
Makholm d.y.

Post by me » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>    Is there any Linux that will run on a palmtop? If yes, which palmtops
>and which dist of linux?

RedHat 5 running beautifully on an IBM PC 110. :-)
(For the uninitiated, the 110 is a 486Sx33 - mine has 20MB memory)