I have a shell script that updates my apache access stats (awstats). If
I call it from a prompt, the script works fine... But, when I put it in
a prerotate section of my apache logrotate config file.. it doesn't seem
to get run. I've setup my logrotate cron job to output debugging info,
and it says it's running the prerotate..but nada (I know this because
the script outputs it's last run information to a text file).
So, here's the apache file from /etc/logrotate.d I'm running RH7.3 (with
all the latest updates). I've just changed the prerotate line to
"/bin/sh /opt/apache/bin/updatestats" but I'll have to wait until early
tomorrow morning to find out if that works. Thought I'd ask here ;-)
Oh, and permissions are fine.... the script is running as root anywho.
/sbin/service httpd restart > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
DoD# 2223, OFCC #3122
Meum scapha volitare plenum anguillae