rpm packages in slack?which ones work?

Post by Sid Lipk » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello  i managed to get rpm working in slack 3.0   question is what rpm's will
i able to install? i have a few from redhat.com  including the new kernel
what do i have to do to make sure rpm packages will work....whats the difference
between slack packages and redhat ones?  different libs?

thanks  sid

1. RPM Crashes with "//var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm not found"

I am running FreeBSD 3.4 with linux binary capability installed (linux
base 6.1).  I know that the linux capability works because I have
WordPerfect  8 running.  I am trying to install an rpm but when I run it
through RPM 2.5.6 I get this error:
failed to open //var//lib/rpm/packages.rpm

I do not understand this, as I installed the RPM through the FreeBSD
ports collection.
Any help would be appreciated.

2. 19200? for a 33.6 connection

3. RPM: cannot open //var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

4. gimp compilation broken,undefined reference to 'jpeg..'

5. Problem with Gnome RPM - Failed to open /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

6. Easter Sunday algorythm

7. RPM package manager(One word answer required)

8. grid spacing

9. ssh.rpm package for SuSE 6.1 - where is one??

10. rpm upgraded - kpackage won't read packages.rpm

11. rpm -e reports rpm package not installed

12. Why does G-RPM install no RPM packages ?

13. RPM: can't open packages.rpm