how to send or receive files using ssh ?

Post by paul-ne » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:14:11

how to send or receive files using ssh ?

i have connected to a linux server. i login using putty from my windows pc.

how do i send or receive files ?

can i upload files and directories using ssh ? if so, whats the command ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Post by Jon Portno » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 04:48:13

> how to send or receive files using ssh ?

> i have connected to a linux server. i login using putty from my windows pc.

> how do i send or receive files ?

> can i upload files and directories using ssh ? if so, whats the command ?

> Thanks a lot in advance.

Yes. What you're looking for is 'scp' - try 'man scp'

General usage would be something like:

upload:
scp localfile hostname:/path/to/remote/file

download:
scp hostname:/path/to/remote/file localfile

upload directory:
scp -r localdirectory hostname:/path/to/remote/directory

download directory:
scp -r hostname:/path/to/remote/directory localdirectory

--
Jon Portnoy

Post by John Mur » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:04:41

> how to send or receive files using ssh ?

> i have connected to a linux server. i login using putty from my windows pc.

> how do i send or receive files ?

> can i upload files and directories using ssh ? if so, whats the command ?

Between my two Suse machines I use

or

Between my Windows machine and these two I use WinSCP
http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/

--
John Murf

Post by John » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:05:41

> how to send or receive files using ssh ?

> i have connected to a linux server. i login using putty from my windows pc.

> how do i send or receive files ?

> can i upload files and directories using ssh ? if so, whats the command ?

> Thanks a lot in advance.

An SSH session is like opening a terminal on the REMOTE machine.

Try: PSCP or PSFTP from

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

--

John
----------------------------

Post by David Efflan » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:04:38

> how to send or receive files using ssh ?

> i have connected to a linux server. i login using putty from my windows pc.

> how do i send or receive files ?

> can i upload files and directories using ssh ? if so, whats the command ?

I believe that Putty comes with an scp command.  But to work, you would
either need to use the full path to it or put it in your PATH on Windows.

1. Receiving TCP ignores sending data when receiving buffer is full???

I have an application where a server sends data on either a signal
interrupt (A) or an alarm (B) on the same non-blocking stream socket.
So A & B continously send data over the socket.  Occasionally a
problem occurs when the sequence is like this: A sends, B sends but
the receiving socket only got data from A and not B. In Richard
Stevens's Unix Network Programming Vol1 he indicated the following:

      "With TCP the available room in the socket receive buffer is the
window that TCP advertises to the other end.  The socket receive
buffer can not overflow because the peer isn't allowed to send data
beyond the advertised window.  This is TCP flow control and if the
peer ignores the advertised window and sends data beyond the window,
the receiving TCP discards it".

   Is this what happened in my case?  If so is there a way for the
sending process to check the advertised window before sending to make
sure the sending data won't be discarded?  If not is there a solution
to make sure the receiving TCP won't discard the data?  Since data
from B is more important than data from A is there a way to flush the
receiving buffer before sending data from B to make sure the receiving
buffer will get the data from B?

 Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2. How to verify password??

3. SSH to/from localhost works but ssh from remote fails (receives "Connection refused")

4. Exabyte 8mm and FreeBSD

5. using uucp to send/receive mail

6. Header Files

7. Scripted Send AND Receive using ftp

8. xview libraries with X11R6?

9. sending signal sends -1 to the receiving process (question)

10. Sending and receiving at the same time (send & recv)

11. sending/receiving integer through send() and recv()

12. Do send(2) and recv(2) always send and receive complete messages?

13. Send and receive binary files with sockets