RedHat Linux 4.1 Kernel 2.0.27 Log Problems Pleaes Help!

RedHat Linux 4.1 Kernel 2.0.27 Log Problems Pleaes Help!

Post by Brad Jone » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have a problem that hopefully someone will be able and willing to help me
with, I tried manually rotating the message log on our server. I did this by
doing a cp to messages.bac and then creatinga  new messages file, now the
systom will not write to the log file, I tried using the touch command, I
have checked the ownership and chmod setting, they are exactly the same as a
freshly installed linux system but still no logging. What can the problem be
and how do i fix it, please please help..

TIA,
Brad

1. RedHat 4.1 Kernel 2.0.27, Log problems........

I have a problem that hopefully someone will be able and willing to help me
with, I tried manually rotating the message log on our server. I did this by
doing a cp to messages.bac and then creatinga  new messages file, now the
systom will not write to the log file, I tried using the touch command, I
have checked the ownership and chmod setting, they are exactly the same as a
freshly installed linux system but still no logging. What can the problem be
and how do i fix it, please please help..

2. Does ATI rage 128 capture work with linux?

3. Netscape 3.01 hang on RedHat 4.1 with kernel 2.0.27 at fvwm95 [HELP]

4. Small kernel patch for Logitech iTouch

5. RedHat Linux 4.1 Kernel 2.0.27

6. BIOS: supervisor vs. user password

7. RedHat Linux 4.1 kernel 2.0.27.....

8. Why do i have to have a CD-ROM

9. Problem with TRANSMIT / Linux 2.0.27 / Redhat 4.1

10. ICMP Difficulties with RedHat 4.1 and 2.0.27 and.30 Kernels

11. kernel panic in 2.0.27 while installing RedHat 4.1 (LONG)

12. Kernel build freeze RH 4.1, kernel 2.0.27, AMD k5100

13. RedHat 4.1 Linux 2.0.27 Error: modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt-0