programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Dave Phillip » Tue, 28 May 1996 04:00:00

I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming languages
under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now, don't remember what the
original program was called. Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

== Dave Phillips

           My Web pages, back at last:
    http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html

        Quare id faciam fortasse requiris:
      Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Roar Bjorgum Rotv » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

: I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming
: languages under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now,
: don't remember what the original program was called. Can anyone recommend
: anything that might function like the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything
: similar) ? Much appreciation...
:
: == Dave Phillips
:
:          My Web pages, back at last:
:     http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
:
:         Quare id faciam fortasse requiris:
:       Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

I think you are looking for a program called xwpe. It's a editor that
function like the Borland Turbo C ID.

A quick search gave this ftp-site, where xwpe is located :
ftp://ftp.i-connect.net/pub/Linux/QuickFind/xwpe/

--

  Computer science at Sor-Trondelag College, Norway
                        A RedHat Linux user

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Elliot Le » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

> I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming languages
> under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now, don't remember what the
> original program was called. Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
> the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

Have you tried 'xwpe' ( X Windows Programming Environment)?

--
\\\| Elliot Lee                |\\\    ||  "Claim to fame":
 \\\| Red Hat Software          |\\\   ||  Live in only town in the

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Pancrazio DE MAUR » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming languages
> under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now, don't remember what the
> original program was called. Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
> the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

Try out xwpe.
You can find it in your usual sunsite mirror.

Ciao,
--
 _____ __           Linux: Where Don't We Want To Go Today?
|     |  |\    /|   Pancrazio DE MAURO

|__|_____|______|   IRC: Trantor

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by RHS Linux Us » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming languages
>under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now, don't remember what the
>original program was called. Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
>the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

The program that you want is called xwpe...available at your favorite Linux ftp
site.

I use it myself since I don't want to be utterly confused when I have to attend
lab's at my school in C++ which use Borland 3.1.

It's pretty easy to use and to set up, though I've never gotten it to work properly
when using it from a console...only from an X environment.

--

============= Nifty rebuttal to vegetarians ===============================
"Vegetables are full of poisons! They're crammed with natural insecticides!

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Jussi Lahtin » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming languages
>under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now, don't remember what the
>original program was called. Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
>the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

http://www.inter-soft.com/eng/products/system/scriptum.html

Jussi Lahtinen

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Jerry Normandi » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> >I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming languages
> >under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now, don't remember what the
> >original program was called. Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
> >the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

> http://www.inter-soft.com/eng/products/system/scriptum.html

> Jussi Lahtinen

Yes I use it all the time! It's Free! It's called xwpe.  If you can't
find it I'll put it up on my Website.

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by H?kon L?vd » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> >I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming
> >languages under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now,
> >don't remember what the original program was called.
> >Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
> >the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

> http://www.inter-soft.com/eng/products/system/scriptum.html

I have never tried this one, but there is also another called xwpe (XWindowed
Programming Editor). It also works nice in text mode.

 snailmail:  Haakon Loevdal, Kile, 4653 Haegeland, Norway
          --== Linux, The Choice of a GNU Generation ! ==--

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Sean Brian Woolco » Sun, 16 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>> >I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming
>> >languages under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now,
>> >don't remember what the original program was called.
>> >Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
>> >the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

[xwpe suggested]

        There is also one called DDD - the data display de*.  It's
got a web page, so Lycos should find it.

        Good luck,
        Sean

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by Brian Madd » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

   There's also Emacs.  You can set up different modes for various programming
languages.  IE, set it up in c or c++ mode to do auto formatting, text and
what not in difference colors, ect.  And you can set it to compile also, like
here, where I hit F2 to compile, it pops up a window that shows the compile
command's output, and can then recompile through that window or have it parse
the error messages to take you to the lines in the various source files that
caused trouble.

--

programming IDE for Linux ?

Post by U.Mo.. » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>> >I seem to recall seeing a listing for a GUI IDE for various programming
>> >languages under Linux. I can't seem to find anything like that now,
>> >don't remember what the original program was called.
>> >Can anyone recommend anything that might function like
>> >the Borland Turbo C IDE (or anything similar) ? Much appreciation...

The name of the IDE is XWPE for X or WPE for terminal mode and you can find
it on the slackware distribution or try archie to find it for you.
UM - Consulting               Roseneggweg 2
Client/Server Computing       D-78244 Gottmadingen

1. Linux Disks program for IDE drives?

DR2.1 update 3 included a cool program called Linux Disks that
ran under MacOS.  It mounted Linux Disks and allowed finder like
manipulation of Linux files.  Now, I have a PowerBook G3 with
MKLinux and it runs great! BUT, sadly Linux Disks only handles
SCSI disks and the G3 internal drive is IDE.  Linux Disks does
not see it. :-(

Question:  is there a newer version that supports IDE drives?
TIA.
- --
 /-- SAS internal: http://www.unx.sas.com/~sasmkb/Home.html -\

| SAS Institute, Inc.                  voice: (512)258-5171   |
| PO Box 200075                          fax: (512)258-3906   |
| Austin, TX 78720-0075                 MIME and PGP enabled  |
| "choose for yourselves today whom you will serve;...but as  |
\  for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15 /.
 \-- World Web: http://www.realtime.net/~mburns/Home.html ---/.

2. HP JetDirect and Linux

3. IDE for linux programming, debugging

4. Does ipfwadm work with SLIP?

5. Programming tools for Linux/Unix: Editor, IDE, Frontend to GCC.

6. Hi Quality SoundCard with good Linux Support?

7. e-ide driver 6.30 uses same interrupt on IDE-0 and IDE-1

8. Xconf setup RH 5.1

9. IDE status errors (IDE/SCSI conflict or buggy ide driver?)

10. Linux on 2nd IDE drive on 2nd IDE controller?

11. Linux and large IDE drives on a standard ide system

12. Patch: linux-2.5.41/drivers/ide - build IDE as a module