QPopper problems

Post by Paul Ma » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my mail server. We are running "qpopper", the
current version and are getting the following error messages in the log
file when people try to check their mail. I have looked everywhere but
can't find info on this error message. I know it sounds quite plain and
simple but we have tried everything we can think of and still the error
exists.

Unknown command

POP EOF received

POP EOF received

POP EOF received

You can check mail sometimes but half way through downloading the server
will cut you off.

We have checked this error with several client software packages
including:- Netscape 4.0, MS Internet mail. Eudora has the problem but
seems to handle it better.

Please help if you can.

Kind regards

Paul MaC

1. Qpopper Problems

I am having a problem with qpopper dropping connections when a client
gets their password wrong, instead of reporting back wrong password.
The server is a Slackware Linux 2.0.32 box, running shadow passwords
and Qmail.  Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

                TIA,
                Chris

server:~# telnet localhost pop3
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK QPOP (version 2.4) at server.xyz.com starting.
USER testuser
+OK Password required for testuser.
PASS test
Connection closed by foreign host.

2. Beginner question: Help!

3. Redhat 6.0 | qpopper | problems

4. STB Nitro 3D Graphics card

5. Eudora/pop3d/qpopper problem with Redhat 9.x

6. Best video card under Linux

7. dns-qpopper problem!

8. llock mount option ?

9. URGENT qpopper problems

10. SECURITY Vulnerability on qpopper 2.53 : qpopper 3.x port on FreeBSD ?

11. DRAC compilation problems with qpopper and cucipop

12. qpopper compile problems...