FYI: the solution to my "driver for an EIDE (ATAPI) CDROM" problem

FYI: the solution to my "driver for an EIDE (ATAPI) CDROM" problem

Post by Keith Fark » Fri, 30 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

About a week ago, I posted a message to this group concerning a problem I
was having with linux not recognizing my CDROM drive.  Thanks to the comments
of several people, I resolved the problem by:

(A) Getting a more recent copy of the Yggdrasil boot disk (I used Rev g)

(B) Chaning the jumpers on my CDROM drive so that the IDE interface was acting
    as the MASTER and not the SLAVE.  Apparently, if the CDROM is on an
    IDE-port chain by itself, the drive must behave as a MASTER for linux to
    recognize it; DOS does not care.

Thanks to all who responded.

        -keith