specify window position in Sawfish window manager failed

specify window position in Sawfish window manager failed

Post by Vampire at Wicked Empir » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:45:07

xterm -g 80x24+0+0

For the first time, it works.  Move the window and close it.

Try again.  It fails.

It works in KDE environment, so I think it's a bug in sawfish
window manager. I also tried to turn off the remembering window
position option in Gnome control center.  It doesn't help.

Does gnome 2.0 have this bug ?

Edward

1. Sawfish Window Manager - not raising windows when focussed

I am using sawfish window manager on linux (Redhat 7.0 on
i686 platform) and would like to configure the window
manager so that a focussed window does NOT raise
automatically. I have tried doing this through
Customize->Focus Menu and deselecting
"Raise windows when they are focussed".
But it doesn't seem to do the job.

TIA!

--

Regards,

- Krishnan Sridhar
  Phone: (214) 480-3372

2. blank now, then standby in 10 minutes

3. Sawfish Saving Window size/position...

4. CrossCompiler, Older Compiler

5. how do you open other window managers in a window manager

6. 3c515TX Netzwerkkarte von 3Com

7. Specifying opening window position

8. Kernel upgrade

9. switch from sawfish to KDE windows manager

10. Sawfish Window Manager Capplet not working

11. How can I use FVWM to specify window position?

12. Specifying Window Manager

13. Windows-like window manager?