How do i install individual packages from the command line.......

How do i install individual packages from the command line.......

Post by Chri » Sat, 12 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I want to install some packages from the command line but do not know how
to! The only way i have been installing new packages eg the Source file for
kernel recompile, is by reinstalling the whole system from CD. Surely there
is a quicker way of doing this, with RPM maybe? i am running Redhat 4.1 and
Xwindows won't start because it complains about two modules not available
they are PEX and something ending in IE! I can't remember! Anyway i want to
install PEX without reinstalling the whole lot AGAIN!

I am only a beginner but i must hold the record for the most installs in
the shortest amount of time so far! Pleeeese help!

Thanks

Chris Davies

1. How to process individual command-line arguments

Ok, that isn't a very specific subject line :) , but I can't figure
out a better way to phrase this, as this is really more than one
question.

I'm writing a shell script (bthat "wraps" an application command line.
 The platform is Cygwin, but I'm trying to wrap a Windows/DOS
application.  I've already written a "getopt" loop that handles all
the valid command-line options, but for certain "subcommands" there
are following arguments that I need to translate (change Unix paths to
DOS paths).

So, for instance, after I've "shift"ed the command-line options and my

to step through individual arguments and then individually process
them (with "cygpath"), but I'm not sure how to do that.  I thought I
would use something like "${#subcmdargs}" or "${#subcmdargs[*])", but
those don't appear to work.

2. Windows NT4.0 for PPC

3. RH 7.1 install problem(s) at individual package selection

4. Linux won't boot

5. postscript viewer (package) for Mandrake 6.1 command line

6. Everything works but this....

7. DOS-style UNIX command line shell

8. tcp/ip local via serial port

9. AIX equiv. to DOS %1 command line variable??

10. DOS command line replacement

11. Command line FTP program for either UNIX or DOS

12. Command line for uploading from dos 'puter to unix server?

13. Doing what editres does on the command line