tr Source Code

Post by Mathias Gumme » Fri, 09 May 2003 00:28:23

Hello everybody:

Im looking for the Source Code of the tr utility (translating and
deleting characters).

I need to recompile tr in an embedded environment which does not
support GLIBC-2.2.

Can anybody tell me where I can download it?

Thank you!

Mathias...

tr Source Code

Post by Chris F.A. Johnso » Fri, 09 May 2003 03:04:08

> Hello everybody:

> Im looking for the Source Code of the tr utility (translating and
> deleting characters).

> I need to recompile tr in an embedded environment which does not
> support GLIBC-2.2.

> Can anybody tell me where I can download it?

   It's in the textutils package from <ftp.gnu.org>.

    My code (if any) in this post is copyright 2003, Chris F.A. Johnson

tr Source Code

Post by Ed Murph » Fri, 09 May 2003 04:09:22

Quote:>Im looking for the Source Code of the tr utility (translating and
>deleting characters).

>I need to recompile tr in an embedded environment which does not
>support GLIBC-2.2.

A Google search on (tr.c "source code") turns up the following:

http://wiw.org/~ams/code/tr.c

Here's another one, albeit BSD:

http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/bsd/bsd-current/tr/tr.c

Also, what if you type this at a command prompt?

find / -name tr.c -print

See http://www.busybox.net/ for BusyBox, which doesn't seem to
include tr but may be useful for other embedded tasks.

tr Source Code

Post by Mathias Gumme » Fri, 09 May 2003 16:27:06

Quote:> See http://www.busybox.net/ for BusyBox, which doesn't seem to
> include tr but may be useful for other embedded tasks.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Actually Im using busybox, but as you were mentioning, tr is not part of it.

So Im really thankful for your hints!

Mathias...

1. Source Code printing for code reviews....

Hi all,
    Anyone know of a package which given 2 files (a modified
version of a source file from a source distribution) will
print either a colorized or fontized merged version of the
differences.  I'm looking for something which will combine
both files and show common text and the differences
in either a different color or different font.

I want to use this for code reviews.

--
Robert Angelino
High Tower Software Inc.

2. Needed: Btx decoder source (XCept old Ver. 2.1.2)

3. Get the source code of Code Crusader

4. Connecting a LAN to the Internet using PPP

5. Portable code: Same C++ code source for MS-Windows and XFree86.

6. NCR 53c815 **** WHERE? ****

7. Creating web access to source code (aka OpenSolaris source browser)

8. EtherExpress pro10

9. TR-4 tapes w/ TR-5 drive?

10. Request for TR tracking system code

11. Tr: -dingo VB code

12. location of source for tr command

13. Can any open source compiler convert C++ source to C source?