DOSEMU and Win3.11: WINE FAQ says Standard works.

DOSEMU and Win3.11: WINE FAQ says Standard works.

Post by Mikko Rauha » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

:       I just got through reading the latest WINE FAQ, and they said
: that DOSEMU can run Win3.11 in STANDARD mode.  How do I get Windows (with
: the special OS/2 versions of USER.EXE and GDI.EXE) to start in Standard
: mode?  Everytime I start it using WINEMU.BAT, it starts in Enhanced mode
: (I know this by selecting About from a menu in Program Manager).  Or is
: the WINE FAQ writer a little misinformed about DOSEMU and Win3.11?

Seems so. Dosemu can run winos2 in enhaced mode. That is, if you take the
risk ;)

        - Mjr

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed above are mine and (hopefully) not those of the
Microsoft Corporation (not that I have anything to do with the thing)

Post by Arcadio Alivio Since » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

        I just got through reading the latest WINE FAQ, and they said
that DOSEMU can run Win3.11 in STANDARD mode.  How do I get Windows (with
the special OS/2 versions of USER.EXE and GDI.EXE) to start in Standard
mode?  Everytime I start it using WINEMU.BAT, it starts in Enhanced mode
(I know this by selecting About from a menu in Program Manager).  Or is
the WINE FAQ writer a little misinformed about DOSEMU and Win3.11?

Arcadio

Post by fafifoern » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>:   I just got through reading the latest WINE FAQ, and they said
>: that DOSEMU can run Win3.11 in STANDARD mode.  How do I get Windows (with
>: the special OS/2 versions of USER.EXE and GDI.EXE) to start in Standard
>: mode?  Everytime I start it using WINEMU.BAT, it starts in Enhanced mode
>: (I know this by selecting About from a menu in Program Manager).  Or is
>: the WINE FAQ writer a little misinformed about DOSEMU and Win3.11?
>Seems so. Dosemu can run winos2 in enhaced mode. That is, if you take the
>risk ;)

Right. I tried this once. It trashed one of my partitions. I must say I have a
fairly complex setup with OS/2 boot manager, a couple of Stacked Dos-partitions,
Three or four ext2fs partitions and, finally, an OS/2 partition which is lost
deep into the caverns of my memory.

As the FAQ says: Use this at your own risk!!!

Regards,
fafifoernik
                    ? ?? ???? ???
The contents of this article reflect my opinions only
and not necessarily those of my dog!

Post by Richard Delan » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: :     I just got through reading the latest WINE FAQ, and they said
: : that DOSEMU can run Win3.11 in STANDARD mode.  How do I get Windows (with
: : the special OS/2 versions of USER.EXE and GDI.EXE) to start in Standard
: : mode?  Everytime I start it using WINEMU.BAT, it starts in Enhanced mode
: : (I know this by selecting About from a menu in Program Manager).  Or is
: : the WINE FAQ writer a little misinformed about DOSEMU and Win3.11?

Not sure if it is different in DOSEMU, and the OS/2 ver. but it would be
win /s

--

Finger for PGP key      http://www.j51.com:80/~delaney/
BBS: +1-914-639-6564

1. DOSEMU and Win3.11: WINE FAQ says Standard works.

        I just got through reading the latest WINE FAQ, and it says in
there that DOSEMU can run Windows 3.11 in Standard mode.  Anyone know how
to get Windows with the special Win-OS/2 package to start up in Standard
mode?  Everytime I start it up with the WINEMU.BAT batch file, the thing
starts up in Enhanced mode (I know this by selecting About from some
menu in Program Manager).  (I checked the batch file, and the /3 switch -
which is supposed to start up Windows in enhanced mode, wasn't specifed
on the command line of the program that starts up Windows ...
OS2Kxxxx.EXE or something - I forget the name).  Or is the WINE FAQ
writer a little misinformed?

Arcadio

2. Pure-ftpd

3. Win3.11 under dosemu

4. Generating a diff file

5. Got Win3.11 running in DOSEMU, sort of ...

6. SS20 quad eth question

7. Dosemu+Win3.11 on 600 PC ?

8. Switching between USB and PS/2 mouse and keyboards?

9. Triple-boot between SCO UNIX, Win95 and Win3.11

10. Linux, Win95, Win3.11/DOS setup

11. Can FBSD be a server for win3.11?

12. Client NFS RPC and IP errors while executing Win3.11

13. wabi & win3.11 newsreader -> local news?