Intelligent Serial Boards -- Reccomendations/Horror Stories

Intelligent Serial Boards -- Reccomendations/Horror Stories

Post by Bryon Ri » Sat, 24 Sep 1994 21:53:48

I am trying to set up a Linux box, (486 DX33 ISA/VLB) to provide dialup
28.8Kbs internet access, ala SLIP and PPP.  I am looking for serial boards, 8
- 32 ports.

I would like to know what you think.  I recall thread recently concerning
a board from cyclades.  Will this work?  I mean can it support the throughput
without driving the CPU mad with interrupts?

Also, I am looking for ISDN boards for Linux.  Are there any supported?

One last thing, I expect that I will need a T1 connection to my provider.
Can anyone suggest a CSU/DSU <--> 10BaseT solution?

Many thanks
Bryon Rigg