Netscape Com.4.04 gives 'Bus Error' when not run by root

Netscape Com.4.04 gives 'Bus Error' when not run by root

Post by Matthew Busigi » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

: >  I tried erasing the ~/.netscape directory and when I run Netscape, the
: > license agreement screen shows, but when I press 'Accept' I get a 'bus error'
: > again.   I'm going to try and install it as a user in my local directory and
: > then copy it as root to the /usr/local/netscape where it usually goes and see
: > if that changes anything. Being that it runs fine as root, it seems to be a
: > permissions problem. My paths all check out ok. Anyway, I'll post the
: > results.  Thanks for the reply!
: >
: > John Jarvis

Another wierd thing to throw into the pot is that when I run NS4 from
FVWM95, it runs fine -- but when I run it from IceWM, it gives up on me.

                Matt

Co-Administrator of the leading Java communications software ...
www.sentre.net

1. bus-error netscape 4.04

i have got this new version of netscape up and running on my machine but
i encountered a problem with it the other day...

when i tried to start it off, i got a message saying: "bus error" and
netscape went away... so i tried it again, and then X reset itself and
went back into xdm...

anyone know why this is?  i had the same error a couple of times when i
was using netscape 3.01

cheers

ray

2. Change fonts size in EXceed

3. Netscape 4.04 vs 4.05 what's the difference?

4. mount and verify cdrom

5. RealAudio 5.0 and Netscape 4.04 Won't work.

6. DHCP and RH linux 5.2

7. (Q) Netscape 4.04 for PC's ?

8. Ring election algorithm

9. Netscape on XF86_VGA16 dies with 'Bus error'

10. Red Hat 5.0 & Netscape 4.04: Netscape out of memory error?

11. 'Bus Error' when trying to start netscape Mailbox.

12. Netscape 4.73 dies with 'bus error'

13. How do I give Netscape 4.04 more resources?