sendmail config problems

Post by Ricardo Kleeman » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi!
I dont know how to interpret the sendmail.cf file, and I'm trying to
set up a configuration that would allow mail delivery to host name
"aliases". Basically, I wanted to be able to receive mail on one
host machine, but is it possible to send mail to that host through

can mail be sent to BOTH host1.mydomain and host2.mydomain??

I tried doing that, but got the following errors:
"Local configuration error" --> on my host machine
"mail loops back to myself" --> message returned to the sending host

Can sendmail be configured so that it allows receipt of mail
to multiple hostnames which point to the same IP???

Thanks for any help,
ricardo

1. Sendmail config problems

I can get Sendmail to work on the local machines (2 pc's
connected by ethernet), but not to sen dmessages across the net.
Network works ok for mounting files etc.
Messages always generate "Host name lookup failure" messages.
HELP HELP HELP

--

2. NCR53c400A

3. sendmail config problem

4. Bridging..help

5. Sendmail config problem

6. Small problem with R.H. 5. 0 XFree86

7. Red Hat 2.1 sendmail /config problem ?

8. NIC problem

9. SENDMAIL config problem - ISP won't accept mail

10. sendmail config problems

11. Sendmail config problem

12. sendmail config problems

13. sendmail config problems?