mySQL vs mSQL

Post by Carfield Yi » Tue, 10 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I want to build a database with one of these 2 database tools,
but I don't know what is the advantage of mySQL over mSQL and vice
verses, what is the criteria of decides choosing which, can you help me?

mySQL vs mSQL

Post by Grahame M. KellyBoth types of receip » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> I want to build a database with one of these 2 database tools,
> but I don't know what is the advantage of mySQL over mSQL and vice
> verses, what is the criteria of decides choosing which, can you help me?

If you check out www.mysql.org they have a breakdown
on why MySQL is better than mSQL (well at least why
you should consider MySQL over mSQL). Also a better
function by function breakdown is available in the
MySQL documentation file within the .tar.gz.

Cheers, Grahame
--
Grahame Kelly - member SLUG (Sydney Linux Users Group)
Junk Mail filter enabled, send all replies to:

mySQL vs mSQL

Post by Carfield Yi » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> If you check out www.mysql.org they have a breakdown
> on why MySQL is better than mSQL (well at least why
> you should consider MySQL over mSQL). Also a better
> function by function breakdown is available in the
> MySQL documentation file within the .tar.gz.

> Cheers, Grahame
> --

Yes, It seen that MySQL provide better manual and feather, but can you
tell more about the function?
More, is it really that mSQL is no more advantage over mySQL other than
"mini"?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Jef » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Yes, It seen that MySQL provide better manual and feather, but can you
> tell more about the function?
> More, is it really that mSQL is no more advantage over mySQL other than
> "mini"?

MySQL handles multiple requests a lot better than mSQL.  The mSQL
daemon handles the serially, one at a time.  If you have a lot of requests
waiting, things can get pretty slow.

Furthermore, the MySQL engine is blisteringly fast on large databases.
If you have a database of just a few records, the differences are going to
be purely academic.

mySQL vs mSQL

Post by Carfield Yi » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

thanks for reply!

> > Yes, It seen that MySQL provide better manual and feather, but can you
> > tell more about the function?
> > More, is it really that mSQL is no more advantage over mySQL other than
> > "mini"?

> MySQL handles multiple requests a lot better than mSQL.  The mSQL
> daemon handles the serially, one at a time.  If you have a lot of requests
> waiting, things can get pretty slow.

> Furthermore, the MySQL engine is blisteringly fast on large databases.
> If you have a database of just a few records, the differences are going to
> be purely academic.

mySQL vs mSQL

Post by Tom Fawcet » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> > If you check out www.mysql.org they have a breakdown
> > on why MySQL is better than mSQL (well at least why
> > you should consider MySQL over mSQL). Also a better
> > function by function breakdown is available in the
> > MySQL documentation file within the .tar.gz.

> > Cheers, Grahame
> > --

> Yes, It seen that MySQL provide better manual and feather, but can you
> tell more about the function?
> More, is it really that mSQL is no more advantage over mySQL other than
> "mini"?

I don't know how recently this page has been updated, but try:
http://www.tcx.se/crash-me.html

(crash-me is a program that detects limits of various databases.)

-Tom

1. PostgreSQL vs. MySQL vs. mSQL

 Hello all,

I am interested in learning some basic SQL skills.  I have been digging
around on the web, going thru Deja, etc. looking for info on the merits
of one SQL program vs. another.  Basically, the distilled version of
what I've seen so far isthis:  PostgreSQL is the most feature complete
and potentially the most reliable for big databases, but kinda slow.
MySQL is blazingly fast, has most of the features commonly used, works
especially well w/ web applications, but doesn't have quite the feature
set of PostgreSQL, and doesn't do huge databases (as) well.  mSQL aka
Mini SQL is also fast (as fast as MySQL?), and is definitely intended
for small data sets.

Most of the recommendations that I've seen pushed PostgreSQL for
reliability w/ big mission critical databases, and MySQL for all-out
speed and web stuff.

I am interested in _learning_ SQL, and as such I don't have a
particular _need_ for speed, huge database capability, etc.  In this
case, is there one of these three that is best for learning from the
ground up about SQL?  I would be interested in hearing peoples
impressions of the support and community related to each.  That as much
as anything will play large role in my choice.  I don't want to be
_near_ a group that flames on a whim, but I do accept the concept
of 'read first, ask second'.

Thanks for your time,

Monte

--
There are basically three kinds of men.  There
are the ones who learn by reading.  Then there are

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. 2 nics: I can ping other side from inside network

3. MySQL vs. mSQL vs. Postgres(95?) vs. MS SQL server

4. Linux Laptop setup...

5. Need Help compiling Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2219

6. 3c574 PCMCIA NIC Problems

7. Who supports mSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL?

8. Tape Drive for uVax (Wanted)

9. msql or mysql?

10. Msql-Mysql 1.2017 compile error

11. p5-DBD-Msql-Mysql dependency problem

12. What are the differences between mySQL and mSQL?

13. mSql or MySql?