SQL database for Linux...any recommendations?

SQL database for Linux...any recommendations?

Post by Kiril Kesar » Wed, 20 Jul 1994 08:38:24

        I am in a need of a database program which uses the SQL query
language. Has anyone successfully ported any program of this type?
The program should be a non-X application.

Post by Bill Hog » Thu, 21 Jul 1994 10:52:53

:       I am in a need of a database program which uses the SQL query
: language. Has anyone successfully ported any program of this type?
: The program should be a non-X application.

: --

  Kiril,

  I am not sure if by saying SQL you mean you require SQL notation or you
mean you require only the relational semantics expressed by means of that
notation.

  In either case, I suggest you take a look at the ECRC's ECLiPSe system,
which was recently announced (in comp.lang.prolog) to have been ported to
Linux.

  You can find documentation on ftp.ecrc.de:/pub/eclipse.

  Cheers,

  Bill
--
  Bill Hogan

Post by Ken Cor » Thu, 21 Jul 1994 23:19:28

:       I am in a need of a database program which uses the SQL query
: language. Has anyone successfully ported any program of this type?
: The program should be a non-X application.

give you the exact address.

--

 Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...

Post by Chris Bitme » Sat, 23 Jul 1994 10:33:00

> :  I am in a need of a database program which uses the SQL query
> : language. Has anyone successfully ported any program of this type?
> : The program should be a non-X application.

> : --

>   Kiril,

>   I am not sure if by saying SQL you mean you require SQL notation or you
> mean you require only the relational semantics expressed by means of that
> notation.

If he just wants a query language that is "SQL like", then free Ingres or Postgres can be considered.

1. SQL Database for Linux?

I am currently writing an application for Linux that requires database support.
Does anyon know of a database out there that supports precompile SQL statements
from C code.  Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

PS  Multi-user is also a requirement

2. command line editing in csh

3. Lack of SQL Database on Linux ( was Re:

4. XP dual boot with Redhat 7.3?

5. Freeware SQL database for Linux?

6. cardbus/hotplugging still broken in 2.5.56

7. Professional SQL Database needed for Linux

8. xinetd in 7.1 has no effect!

9. Which SQL database has a Perl interface for Linux?

10. Access SQL Server database from Linux?

11. SQL Database for LINUX

12. SQL type database for Linux

13. Embedded SQL databases for Linux