mirror site setup

Post by newl.. » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:34:37

hello all

I want to setup a mirror site in my organisation ( for evaulation

purpose only ). How can i do that ? CAN  anyone suggest me good

articals on mirror site setup?

thanks in advance
newlinx

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

mirror site setup

Post by Cguru Interne » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> hello all

> I want to setup a mirror site in my organisation ( for evaulation

> purpose only ). How can i do that ? CAN  anyone suggest me good

> articals on mirror site setup?

> thanks in advance newlinx

Is it a UNIX based server or an NT based server?
If it's UNIX based it's easy, there are many programs that will allow you
to do this (go to freshmeat.net)
If it's NT, you'll need to buy 3rd party software, or give Mirror a
whirl, but you'll need perl installed on the NT server, and you need to
do some tweaking to the code

--
Cguru Internet
Dedicated Servers, CoLocation, WebHosting, Internet Programming

mirror site setup

Post by Kevi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Yes, but with a mirroring program like the ones listed:
http://freshmeat.net/appindex/Console/Mirroring.html all you have to do is
update one site and the program will update all sites.

--
Kevin

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
FREE Newsletter packed with informative tips
and tricks for every webmaster. Subscribe Now!
http://www.bluetassel.com/subscribe.shtml
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

> | > hello all
> | > I want to setup a mirror site in my organisation ( for evaulation
> | > purpose only ). How can i do that ? CAN  anyone suggest me good
> | > articals on mirror site setup?
> | > thanks in advance newlinx
> | Is it a UNIX based server or an NT based server?
> | If it's UNIX based it's easy, there are many programs that will allow
you
> | to do this (go to freshmeat.net)
> | If it's NT, you'll need to buy 3rd party software, or give Mirror a
> | whirl, but you'll need perl installed on the NT server, and you need to
> | do some tweaking to the code

> or you could just upload it a 2nd time to a diff server :)

> --

>  - ICQ#13194913

> People in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.,.

> Th3 d1ff3r3nc3 b3tw33n auZtra|1a and Y0ghurt, 1Z that Y0ghurt haZ a r3a|,
> |1v3 cu|tur3...

>    http://users.bigpond.net.au/ollie/ollie.html  ???

> If Yoda great Jedi Master he is, Why not good sentence construct can he?

(cos([theta]-r)-sin[theta])(r^(4)-2r^(2)cos(2[theta]+2.4)+0.9)+(0.62r)^(1000

Quote:> )<0

> <ANNOYED>
>    ***{   L O G I T E C H   S U C K S   }***
> </ANNOYED>

>  [Ollie]

>                          2
>       *           *****
>   *****  ******  *     *
>  *    *  *       *     *
>   **     ****    ******
>     **   *       *
>  *    *  *       *
>  *****   *       *
>  *

mirror site setup

Post by SilverFlyingPotat » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:12:37

| > hello all
| > I want to setup a mirror site in my organisation ( for evaulation
| > purpose only ). How can i do that ? CAN  anyone suggest me good
| > articals on mirror site setup?
| > thanks in advance newlinx
| Is it a UNIX based server or an NT based server?
| If it's UNIX based it's easy, there are many programs that will allow you
| to do this (go to freshmeat.net)
| If it's NT, you'll need to buy 3rd party software, or give Mirror a
| whirl, but you'll need perl installed on the NT server, and you need to
| do some tweaking to the code

or you could just upload it a 2nd time to a diff server :)

--

 - ICQ#13194913

People in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.,.

Th3 d1ff3r3nc3 b3tw33n auZtra|1a and Y0ghurt, 1Z that Y0ghurt haZ a r3a|,
|1v3 cu|tur3...

   http://users.bigpond.net.au/ollie/ollie.html  ???

If Yoda great Jedi Master he is, Why not good sentence construct can he?

(cos([theta]-r)-sin[theta])(r^(4)-2r^(2)cos(2[theta]+2.4)+0.9)+(0.62r)^(1000
)<0

<ANNOYED>
   ***{   L O G I T E C H   S U C K S   }***
</ANNOYED>

 [Ollie]

                         2
      *           *****
  *****  ******  *     *
 *    *  *       *     *
  **     ****    ******
    **   *       *
 *    *  *       *
 *****   *       *
 *

1. How to setup a mirror site

Could someone point me towards the program needed to mirror a ftp site?

Thanks

Bob Sanford

Bob Sanford                          |

Radar Engineering                    |                    -Goldfinger
Federal Aviation Administration      |

2. DHCP vendor class identifier containing blanks

3. Mirror 2.9: Switching remote sites without total refresh of local mirror? :-{

4. USB Under RH9 (2.4.20-8) locks hard

5. Smoke and Mirrors: mirrored concat / concat mirrors

6. problems adding disk

7. mirror, unmirror,backup mirror re-mirror howto

8. Nightmare on mt street / Epilogue

9. Mirroring sites

10. Request for Bids - Web Site Mirroring Script

11. mirror site

12. Mirroring other sites

13. How do mirror sites work?