March Slak. vers. & AHA-2940

Post by Hitch » Thu, 04 May 1995 04:00:00

I installed December version of Slackware on my system (P100 +
AHA-2940 on Barracuda 2Giga) with the help of a kernel patch,
which included drivers (alpha :( ) for the Adaptec 2940 SCSI PCI
controller. Now, I'd like to go on to March version, but I'm
afraid of a big panic if I reinstall the patch over the new
kernel...

Does anyone have an idea about what to do ? Or even already done
that before ?

Thx for help

1. system hangs 1.2.13 AHA-2940 & SB16-SCSI-II & ATI Mach64

I recently installed an adaptec 2940 in my P100.
The 2940 has 3 drives attached
 QUANTUM   Model: XP34301
 QUANTUM   Model: PD1800S
 FUJITSU   Model: M2694ES-512

In addition, I have a SB16-SCSI-II with two devices
PLEXTOR   Model: CD-ROM PX-4XCH
WANGTEK   Model: 6200-HS

I had a NCR*810 controller, but pulled it out because it didn't perform well
under linux - and the higher performing version of the driver was
unreliable for me.

This evening, the machine started to crash on me.

I was using the CD to install over the network (using samba to a
windows nt box).

The first time it happened, I was reading a tape, paging heavily do to
several pig processes running and doing the remote install from the
cdrom.

The second time, nothing much was going on on the machine except the
install.

Anyone had any problems with this combination?
--
"A politician normally prospers under democracy in proportion ... as he
excels in the invention of imaginary perils and imaginary defenses

2. Q: command completion

3. S3-Trio64V+ & AHA-2940: Solved

4. basic prog

5. Qlogic ISP & AHA-2940 in same system

6. Apache SSI

7. AHA-2940 & SCSI Disk

8. Graduating from window by window display to whole Sparc5 window?

9. Linux 2.0 & AHA-2940 ANYONE?

10. S3 Trio64V+ & AHA-2940 SCSI Controller

11. Plextor CD-R & Adapetc AHA-2940

12. AHA-2940 W and AHA-2940UW

13. AHA 2920, AHA 2940W, AHA 2940??