Editors to develop applications with KDE

Editors to develop applications with KDE

Post by Artur Undebarren » Thu, 31 May 2001 19:10:13

Hi

I want to know which text editors are good to develop applications with
linux and which is the web site to download.

The KDE Text Editor  is horrible for me because when I am writting  if
the text line is too long the editor cut the line in the middle. I want
a text editor with  horizontal scroll bar. And if is possible, with the
same frame window it can have more than one files opened like Ultraedit
for windows.

Thanks.

Artur.

Editors to develop applications with KDE

Post by ridz » Thu, 31 May 2001 19:24:47

How about xemacs?

Quote:> Hi

Post by Peter T. Breue » Thu, 31 May 2001 19:36:48

> I want to know which text editors are good to develop applications with
> linux and which is the web site to download.
> The KDE Text Editor  is horrible for me because when I am writting  if
> the text line is too long the editor cut the line in the middle. I want

You don't write lines longer than 72 characters in any programming
style known to mankind ... and you don't use an editor that does
interpretation in order to write programs!

Use the traditional programming editors, emacs or vi (I use vim, other
people use xemacs or emacs). If you like windows style editors, use
nedit.

BTW, I've just tested the KDE editor (kwrite) on my machine and it
doesn't "cut the line in the middle". It scrolls to the right, using
a horizontal scrollbar. Please revisit your settings!

Quote:> a text editor with  horizontal scroll bar. And if is possible, with the
> same frame window it can have more than one files opened like Ultraedit
> for windows.

Any editor will do that. But even if it can't, you can open as many
windows as you like with an editor in each!

Peter

Editors to develop applications with KDE

Post by Eggert Ehmk » Thu, 31 May 2001 20:21:54

Quote:>The KDE Text Editor  is horrible for me because when I am writting  if
>the text line is too long the editor cut the line in the middle. I want
>a text editor with  horizontal scroll bar. And if is possible, with the
>same frame window it can have more than one files opened like Ultraedit
>for windows.

There should be a new editor "kate" in the upcoming kde 2.2. It has all
those features.

--
Eggert Ehmke

Editors to develop applications with KDE

Post by Ryan Twome » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 05:45:26

You might be interested in trying kdevelop.  It has an interface
similar to VC++ for Windows.  Though I personally prefer the kwrite
editor, some people seem to find the kdevelop enviornment quite nice.

http://www.kdevelop.org

-Ryan

> Hi

> I want to know which text editors are good to develop applications with
> linux and which is the web site to download.

> The KDE Text Editor  is horrible for me because when I am writting  if
> the text line is too long the editor cut the line in the middle. I want
> a text editor with  horizontal scroll bar. And if is possible, with the
> same frame window it can have more than one files opened like Ultraedit
> for windows.

> Thanks.

> Artur.

1. Applications to Develop - What is needed

Hello All,

I was wondering what software is needed to Solaris? I have written several
developer tools for Win32 and MacOS (and even BeOS...Agh!).

I am interested in developing a few apps for Solaris and even porting over
my current ones over to Solaris.

Can anybody tell me if there is something like Photoshop or Quark for
Solaris and if not is there a need for something like this?

Or perhaps something system level like Norton, etc.

I am just trying to get a feel for what is available and where I can focus
my development efforts to best help the Solaris Community.

Thanks,

Jason

2. Serial ATA patch loc

3. Developing X applications

4. Troyan horse discoverd!

5. Developing database applications in UNIX...

6. recomendations

7. can't access to kde applications though kde works fine

8. 'Unresolved symbols in module...' error

9. Problems with developing fbdev application

10. how to develop an application for a fullduplex soundcard ?

11. KDE applications outside of KDE

12. Question RE: developing cross-platform applications

13. Developing multi-threading applications