trying to print to networked HP

Post by gen.. » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to direct print from X apps to a networked HP Laser.  So
far, all I have managed to print is garbage. Is there a repository of
print filters anywhere?  Is a filter all I need or am I missing
something else?

Thanks.

trying to print to networked HP

Post by gen.. » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to direct print from X apps to a networked HP Laser.  So
far, all I have managed to print is garbage. Is there a repository of
print filters anywhere?  Is a filter all I need or am I missing
something else?

Thanks.

1. HP network printer and LP print Service local printing

Hi all,

Operating System: Solaris 2.5, 2.6 / OpenWindows
Hardware: Sun Sparc

Printer: HP LaserJet 4000N with HP JetDirect PrinterServer
Software: HP JetAdmin for UNIX (Version D.05.15)

By means of JetAdmin I have added a local printer to a Sun Sparc
Server, and that has been tested to be ok.

Question: Is it so, that if I would like to share that printer among
several work stations and to use local printing, then I have to
install the entire JetAdmin on each and add a local printer???
:-(

I have tried to "share -F nfs -o 'anon=0,rw' /opt/hpnp" the
installed JetAdmin directory  and locally "mounted with "rw".

I can start up JetAmin, answer the proper questions,
but when the installation procedure starts, it continues with error
messages, and the installation shells don't work correctly. No local
spooler has been added correctly!

With admintool I can add a remote printer (on the server). That works
ok, but that's not what I want (with a network-printer).

Best regards,
Flemming
--
Flemming H?jstrup Hansen

Hovedstadsregionens Statistikkontor
(Greater Copenhagen Statistical Office)

2. Warning! "BlackNet" is not The Blacknet

3. SAMBA: Trying to print to a Windows HP printer- errors

4. i need help on ogg

5. Trying to network with HP NIC

6. Diamond Stealth 64 video vram

7. Going crazy trying to network Linux with HP Pavillion 8570C

8. Adaptec 1640 SCSI, 3Com 3c589b & PCMCIA Problems

9. Newbie trying to print on network printer.

10. printing fromm an hp to a sun network

11. Network Printing from an HP Jet Direct Box

12. HP Laserjet does not print via network

13. help on printing to HP network printers??