Svgalib Questions (and yes I've read that HOWTO _and_ I'm a newbie)

Svgalib Questions (and yes I've read that HOWTO _and_ I'm a newbie)

Post by Mike Kinsma » Wed, 19 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Ok I've read that dang HOWTO a few times and I'm still messed up...
What I'm trying to do is get GLquake to run under linux, I've got
non-gl, non-svga q2 running, so I'm just trying to jump right into
getting GLQuake goin.
I've downloaded the svga 1.3.0 *and tried a make install, which
removes all of the old junk and then quits when it tries to install
header files the error : " cp: cannot create regular file
'/usr/local/include/vga.h' : No such *or poop "   So I copied all
the files in /src from the svga release in to /usr/local/include and the
make install went a bit farther but still crashed looking for
/svga-1.3.0/src/et4000.regs

Is there some special directory I should install from?  I'm not up on
what directories to use for what yet....

also it appears that the libMesaGl.so that came with the glquake binary
was version 2.5... should I just go for the 3.0 beta?

Thanks tons in advance

Mike Kinsman

1. 3COM 3c509 problems - yes, I've tried EVERYTHING from howto, newsgroups, etc...

OK,

I've got a couple of Dell P90's with this 3c509 card in them.  One of
them is running Linux 1.2.13 perfectly, absolutely NO problems.

The other one I am trying to get working with Linux 2.0.x but I
keep getting the Initialization failure messages out of rc.inet1
I also have an OS/2 partition on this same box (using lilo) and
OS/2 works fine with this 3c509, talking to dozens of other boxes
on the network without incident, so it is the Linux setup and
not hardware...

I have rebuilt the kernel a zillion times.  The IO, IRQ, etc... are
fine - I have downloaded, compiled and run 3cx59set utility, trying
different IRQs, although I know what is correct.  I have cat'd
/proc/ioports and irqs and everything looks fine.  I am running
with the most current 3c509.c (06/15/95) -  Strangely, when booting,
the card is detected:

mybox kernel: eth0: 3c509 at 0x300 tag 1, 10baseT port, address 00 20 af
31 c8 d2, IRQ 15

and yet I get the "Your ethernet card was not initialized properly..."
from rc.inet1, and the proposed reasons/solutions are all wrong.

I am not using ANY modules at all right now (I have tried every which
way) and this is a PCI machine.

I have been messing with this for long enough to where some of the folks
who I am trying to turn-on to linux are getting very skeptical, thus
bumming me further.  What might be causing these headaches, and why
isn't it in the faq/howto yet? ;-)  Once figured out, it will be if
I have my way!

Stephen
** Stephen Francis                  "The Master's words are fingers...**
** WebSeer Technologies                  pointing at the moon.  If we **
** Internet/WWW Software Engineering     only watch the fingers, how  **

** http://www.webseer.com                                             **
**                         "Vu Ja De" - That incredible feeling that  **
**                         this has definitely never happened before"
**

2. AcceleratedX

3. Need help with Linux PPP (Yes, I've read the fine materials)

4. User Logging Script

5. I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

6. How to boot linux over NFS.

7. svgalib sig11 error (you've all seen this I'm sure)

8. mount command options on hfs

9. I've read the howto and the rest...

10. NCR53c90a SCSI (I've read the SCSI Howto)

11. Setup HP LaserJet4L & Slackware v2.3 (I've read the HOW TO's)

12. You've got yours, I've got mine... let the others in their shit!

13. Help with ppp....I've read all the How-to's .....