DVD-ROM drive and Linux

Post by Sandhitsu R Da » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Which DVD-ROMS drives can read CDROM and CD-R without any trouble under
Linux ?

DVD-ROM drive and Linux

Post by Robert Wiegan » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Which DVD-ROMS drives can read CDROM and CD-R without any trouble under
> Linux ?

As far As I know all of them will work for reading CD disks.
The problem is with reading DVD disks.

--
Regards,

DVD-ROM drive and Linux

Post by jihef » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Which DVD-ROMS drives can read CDROM and CD-R without any trouble under
> Linux ?

Hello !
Mine is a Matshita . Works perfectly well.
CU,
JF

DVD-ROM drive and Linux

Post by mirce » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Which DVD-ROMS drives can read CDROM and CD-R without any trouble under
> Linux ?

My Pioneer DVD-114, IDE, does this without any trouble.

MST

DVD-ROM drive and Linux

Post by James Helfert » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Which DVD-ROMS drives can read CDROM and CD-R without any trouble under
> Linux ?

As far as I know, any IDE DVD-ROM drive should adhere to the spec, and
read CD-Rs and regular CD-ROMs correctly under linux.

If it isn't reading your CDs, perhaps it's a filesystem problem..

James
--
http://chat.carleton.ca/~jhelfert

DVD-ROM drive and Linux

Post by Glitc » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

all the dvd rom drives can read cdrom and cdr w/o trouble, they just
cant yet read DVDs yet, not natively at least

> > Which DVD-ROMS drives can read CDROM and CD-R without any trouble under
> > Linux ?

> Hello !
> Mine is a Matshita . Works perfectly well.
> CU,
> JF

DVD-ROM drive and Linux

Post by John Larmou » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

I have a Creative PC-DVD Dxr2 (5x).  Linux treats it like any ATAPI CDROM
without any special setup.

> Which DVD-ROMS drives can read CDROM and CD-R without any trouble under
> Linux ?

1. Linux x DVD-ROM drive?

     Hi there,

     I'd like to know if I can use a DVD-ROM drive under Linux to read
CD's (I really don't mind not being able to read DVD's, but I need the
CD's).

     This doubt is one of the things pushing me away from a DVD drive at
the moment... if it can work as a standard CD-ROM under Linux, it's
great.

     Thanks for any info, Marcelo.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. pppd says `serial line is not 8 bit clean'!

3. Can Linux support DVD-ROM drives ?

4. restricting access to http://ipaddress

5. Linux and DVD-ROM drives?

6. CUPS: Print jobs only get spooled!

7. Best SCSI DVD-ROM drive that also works under Linux & WinNT 4.0?

8. IP Accounting for Linux

9. Dell DVD-ROM drive under Linux

10. Linux and DVD-ROM drives?

11. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

12. DVD-ROM drive not recognised

13. dumb question about DVD-ROM drive