Enlightenment wm focus problem (w RH6.0)..

Enlightenment wm focus problem (w RH6.0)..

Post by nev okya » Thu, 02 Sep 1999 04:00:00

after I installed RH6.0, I really liked the default window manager that
came
with it (I think it is enlightenment which works with gnome).
however, I noticed that there was a problem with handling focus.  if I
click
on a window on the task bar, that window is not raised.  this is also
true if
a new window is created.  if there are number of windows, it is nuisance
find the right one.

I changed my window manager to kde, and it is working fine, but I'd like

to switch back.

Is there any fix for this focus problem?  I haven't seen anything about
this
on the RH site..
thanks for help..
- nev

Enlightenment wm focus problem (w RH6.0)..

Post by R.K.A » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Upgrade. It didn't work under the vanilla RH6 install.
The RPM's for newer and less bugged GNOME and enlightenment files are
found on the RedHat errata site

Don't run the upgrade while X is running.
Download ALL the related files.
For some you MAY have to use this for:

rpm -Uvh --force filename.rpm

Try only Uvh first, add --force if files are whining about lacking
dependencies.
But again: This is the approach when you install ALL the files.
Else, you may get "real" dependancy trouble with the --force parameter.
There's an amazing lot of files there but most are small.
(And rpm installs are done as user root.)

http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHEA1999024_01.html
http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHEA1999021_01.html

If you use the gnome spreadsheet (gnumeric) there's an upgrade for that
too, very recommended, as it suddenly made that app *usable* ;)

http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHSA1999023_01.html

K.

> after I installed RH6.0, I really liked the default window manager that
> came with it (I think it is enlightenment which works with gnome).
> however, I noticed that there was a problem with handling focus.  if I
> click on a window on the task bar, that window is not raised.  this is
> also true if a new window is created.  if there are number of windows,
> it is nuisance to find the right one.
[]

--
Step by step guide to TrueType fonts under RedHat6:
http://home.powertech.no/rkaa/Linux_and_tv.html#ttf

Enlightenment wm focus problem (w RH6.0)..

Post by nev okya » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

thanks for help, I'll upgrade tomorrow..
- nev

> Upgrade. It didn't work under the vanilla RH6 install.
> The RPM's for newer and less bugged GNOME and enlightenment files are
> found on the RedHat errata site

> Don't run the upgrade while X is running.
> Download ALL the related files.
> For some you MAY have to use this for:

> rpm -Uvh --force filename.rpm

> Try only Uvh first, add --force if files are whining about lacking
> dependencies.
> But again: This is the approach when you install ALL the files.
> Else, you may get "real" dependancy trouble with the --force parameter.
> There's an amazing lot of files there but most are small.
> (And rpm installs are done as user root.)

> http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHEA1999024_01.html
> http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHEA1999021_01.html

> If you use the gnome spreadsheet (gnumeric) there's an upgrade for that
> too, very recommended, as it suddenly made that app *usable* ;)

> http://www.redhat.com/corp/support/errata/RHSA1999023_01.html

> K.

> > after I installed RH6.0, I really liked the default window manager that
> > came with it (I think it is enlightenment which works with gnome).
> > however, I noticed that there was a problem with handling focus.  if I
> > click on a window on the task bar, that window is not raised.  this is
> > also true if a new window is created.  if there are number of windows,
> > it is nuisance to find the right one.
> []
> > Is there any fix for this focus problem?  I haven't seen anything about
> > this on the RH site..

> --
> Step by step guide to TrueType fonts under RedHat6:
> http://home.powertech.no/rkaa/Linux_and_tv.html#ttf
>              To E-mail, delete "spam"

1. Q:rh6.0/enlightenment wm random coredump

Hi I'm runing the default enlightenment window manager came with RH6.0
already about half a dozen times the wm dies while I was just typing
something fast, kicked me right to the login screen and left a core file
in the .gnome-desktop directory

Any idea?
Thanks much
Ming

2. what do you want to know about Linux community

3. Enlightenment WM on AIX 4.3.3 under CDE

4. Mail to fax gateway

5. enlightenment wm buttons, keys and such

6. sound card problems

7. enlightenment WM from debian

8. Upgrading version of Yggdrasil's pnp linux

9. Q: Enlightenment WM

10. Enlightenment focus setting question

11. switching from enlightenment back to WM

12. Problems with RH6.0 and Enlightenment

13. Gnome/Enlightenment: Keyboard Focus - RH 6.1