Shutdown Problems

Post by Tore Johanss » Mon, 07 Oct 1996 04:00:00

If I logon as "shutdown" and type the password I get:
-shutdown: Only root can shut a system down.

What's the fault??
When I type "id shutdown" it shows:
uid=6(shutdown) gid=0(root)

Which seems correct to me.

Cheers
--
/Tore

1. Shutdown problem - How to debug ??

When I try to shutdown one of the Solaris 2.6 Servers I get the
following errors on the console

   /usr/sbin/kill:This : not found

  The console keeps scrolling with these errors. Typing in Ctrl-C does
not stop it. If I do a ps -ef from another terminal I do not get a clue
of the offending process. How do I find out as to what is causing the
above error ?? Apparently its caused by one of the K scripts but which
one in particular ??
  The only way out of it seems to be powering the system down and
restarting it !

  Tks,
  Kevin.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. clear screen

3. Shutdown problem

4. Popclient returns "extra" messages

5. shutdown problems (slackware not red hat)

6. TCP/IP over SCSI

7. FreeBSD 4.4 stability shutdown problem

8. Help with connection refused message with RH 7.2

9. INIT/reboot/shutdown problems: Please HELP

10. Shutdown problem

11. shutdown problem

12. Halt and shutdown problem on RH7

13. Shutdown problems...am I doing it right?