Problems with Teac CD-ROM 55A

Post by Jochen Koenema » Wed, 08 Mar 1995 21:51:21

[ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.admin ]
[ Author was Jochen Koenemann ]
[ Posted on 7 Mar 1995 12:39:23 GMT ]

Hello there!

I just bought a new quadspeed cdrom drive by Teac and tried to get it work
with Linux. I installed kernel version 1.1.94 and compiled it several times
with different drivers. Since I connected my drive to my Soundbalster 16 I
firstly tried to use the enumerous SB-drivers but non of them worked. So
I am searching for something like kernel patch for my drive or another
solution that lets me get ahead with that problem.
Perhaps someone knows about recent developments or solutions concerning that
problem.
I would apreciate every help

thanks in advance

Jochen Koenemann

Name:           Jochen Koenemann

Projekt:        LaTex u. CWeb-Arbeiten

Name:           Jochen Koenemann

Projekt:        LaTex u. CWeb-Arbeiten

1. Problems with Teac CD-ROM 55A

[...]

2. Telling if USB mouse is plugged in / Using two mice

3. Diamond Stealth 64 Video 3240 video card

4. TEAC CD-55A CD-ROM driver????

5. k_getuid: port not found / hash miss?

6. Cd-Rom Teac CD 55A

7. MDI optical jukebox

8. CD-ROM (TEAC 55a) Troubles...Help?!?:-)

9. Teac 55A CD-ROM and GUS MAX

10. Another TEAC 4x 55a CD-ROM post

11. TEAC-55A 4X CD-ROM & linux