Dos/ Linux How do I go between

Post by x93christ.. » Sat, 28 May 1994 09:01:18

How do I access a Dos formatted disk or hard drive from within Linux? can I
copy between the two? If so, how? Otherwise, how can I get term or kermit
onto my Linux hard drive in order to get more Linux software if I cannot copy
between the dos and Linux partitions??? Please email me as I do not read
unews very often.

Thanks!!!

HI there,

In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)

1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?

2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
DOS?

3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :

Cabling (roughly)                               :20
                                                ----
Total                                           136

This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.

Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.

TTFN and TC, Michael Dales

-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard

2. Running X remotely

3. Mount DOS on DOS machine from LINUX on LINUX machine

4. Lock screen after idle for a while

5. Uninstall Linux: Deleted "non dos partition" with DOS fdisk -- Now what?!?

6. System Immutable Request

7. Mini Linux coexists in DOS partition and boot from DOS

8. Cisco IOS config app?

9. Q: Filenames turnicated DOS to LINUX to DOS?

10. HELP - Linux on DOS-compatible Macintosh (DOS side)

11. SCSI-DAT s/w like tar for DOS to exchange files LINUX <--> DOS?

12. LILO: Linux + DOS-W311 + DOS/W95-Upgrade

13. OS/2 and DOS -> OS/2, Linux and DOS