PHP/MySQL "mysql.sock" not found ???

Post by Davide Bianc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi all,
I've installed two machines (both RedHat) with Apache/PHP and MySQL
database.
The first machine run fine, no problem at all. The second machine,
when I try to execute a PHP script that connect to the MySQL database
display an error that can't connect to the database using
the Socket "/tmp/mysql.sock".

I checked the MySQL installation, and found the mysql.sock into
/var/bin/mysql.

I create a simlink from /tmp to /var/bin/mysql, and the things are
working now... only wonder WHERE the location of the mysql.sock
file are stated... I couldn't found it in any configuration file,
sure it isn't in the apache configuration, nor into the PHP
configuration (there is a PHP configuration ?).

Someone can light a match here ?

Davide

1. Only user "root" and "mysql" can connect to mysql?

Only user "root" and "mysql" can connect to mysql?

If I try to tryed under my id I get

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Wine and Slackware

3. FireWire TCP/IP between FC4 and XP

4. Help to remove "\" from a MySQL statement in PHP

5. SBLive Drivers announced by 4Front Technologies

6. MYSQL "Bin" under RedHat 7.0 - can find

7. can't ping Linux machine

8. Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'

9. "ps" not masking MySQL password

10. PHP + MySQL - apparently installed OK - but no MySQL support!