redhat 6.0 cd image

Post by Gordon Vrdolja » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I was wondering if there was any site I could download the entire redhat
6.0 cd from.

--

as well as this newsgroup.
Gordon Vrdoljak.

redhat 6.0 cd image

Post by Andreas Schyma » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I was wondering if there was any site I could download the entire
> redhat 6.0 cd from.

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub4/os/Linux/distributions/redhat.iso

Andreas

redhat 6.0 cd image

Post by Steffen Klu » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I was wondering if there was any site I could download the entire redhat
>6.0 cd from.

You can order the CDROM from CheapBytes for a couple of bucks or
so. It'll take about as long to get it...

Cheers
Steffen.

--

Fujitsu Australia Ltd
--

redhat 6.0 cd image

Post by James Kno » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

>>I was wondering if there was any site I could download the entire redhat
>>6.0 cd from.

>You can order the CDROM from CheapBytes for a couple of bucks or
>so. It'll take about as long to get it...

At work, it took under an hour to download.  We have 16 MB token ring
to the desk, and a *FAST* intra/internet connection.

The above opinions are my own and not those of ISM Corp., a subsidiary of
IBM Canada Ltd.

1. how to burn ftp image of SuSE Linux 6.0 on CD's?

hello everyone

I've just downloaded (with a 33.6 kbps connecion belive it or not) an ftp
image of SuSE Linux 6.0, and burned it in two CD's. Mi problem is that I
cannot install it directly from the CD's.

Every time I try to install it, "yast" informs me that the Disk 1 is not
inserted and it will refuse to install any packages even thoug they are on
the CD. However, when I copy the files in that same CD to an HD partition
with exactly the same structrue, everything works fine.  It seems to me that
when you tell "yast" that the installation source is a CD it assumes that
it's the *CD distribution*, and not a ftp image burned on a CD.

Has someone successfully burned this particular distribution so that it is
posible to install it directly from the CD's?

Of course i can copy the essential files to a free HD partition, make a base
installation and then install the other indiviudal packages with rpm (I
don't know how to install the rpms packages yet, but I don't think it's
terrible difficult to find out), but I would rather use "yast" because it's
much more easy.

thanks a lot for your attention

Ramiro (RAMLoss)

2. Help please: /kernel: file: table is full

3. ISO image file of Redhat 6.0: where?

4. How to determine the terminal size ?

5. Where are the install images in RedHat 6.0?

6. Can't mount vfat harddrive

7. RedHat 6.0 Sparc ISO image

8. backup using tape is slow very slow

9. ISO Image RedHat 6.0 for SPARC

10. Reading CD-R & CD-RW with an ATAPI HP 7200e CD-Writer on RH 6.0...

11. Can I install Redhat using ISO images but booting from the CD?

12. RedHat 5.2: Burned bootable ISO image for Setup boots, but fails to initialize cd - HELP!

13. Req: Image of Redhat 6.2 CD case front cover