Puppy Linux

Post by Barry Kaule » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:40:04

My tiny Linux distro, called "Puppy" is available for
download, v0.1:

http://www.goosee.com/puppy

This version is experimental, not for newbies.

Puppy has a reasonable suite of X apps and runs entirely
in a 48M ramdisk, which means that everything happens in
the blink of an eye.
Puppy himself is under 20M.

Experimenters wanted, to get Puppy to boot off different
media. First take on it is I have Puppy booting off a
USB flash card.
Possibilies are CDROM, Zip, LS120/240, hard drive...

Also, I have set Puppy up for ppp modem dialup a to an ISP
via conventional analog telephone line, and haven't
considered a LAN, which some people will have.
Experimenters interested in configuring Puppy for a LAN
also welcome.

I may also need a download mirror site!

Regards,
Barry Kauler

Puppy Linux

Post by kddk » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:19:03

Barry Kauler :
Quote:> My tiny Linux distro, called "Puppy" is available for
> download, v0.1:

> http://www.goosee.com/puppy

> This version is experimental, not for newbies.

> Puppy has a reasonable suite of X apps and runs entirely
> in a 48M ramdisk, which means that everything happens in
> the blink of an eye.
> Puppy himself is under 20M.

> Experimenters wanted, to get Puppy to boot off different
> media. First take on it is I have Puppy booting off a
> USB flash card.
> Possibilies are CDROM, Zip, LS120/240, hard drive...

> Also, I have set Puppy up for ppp modem dialup a to an ISP
> via conventional analog telephone line, and haven't
> considered a LAN, which some people will have.
> Experimenters interested in configuring Puppy for a LAN
> also welcome.

> I may also need a download mirror site!

> Regards,
> Barry Kauler

I will try it

Puppy Linux

Post by Barry Kaule » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:52:14

Quote:> > My tiny Linux distro, called "Puppy" is available for
> > download, v0.1:

> > http://www.goosee.com/puppy

> > This version is experimental, not for newbies.
> I will try it

I'll bring out a CDROM version in a couple of days.
I've tried it, it works, and boots remarkable fast,
but I have to think through a few structural details...

Regards,
Barry Kauler

1. USB keyboard and Puppy Linux

Hi all. I have just downloaded Puppy Linux and burnt it to CD to try
Linux out, as i have never used it before, and want to learn the basics
before repartitioning my HD. Puppy started fine, but it wouldn't let my
keyboard work to select which country keyset i wish to use. i am
assuming this is because the keyboard is USB? I shall go out and
purchase a PS/2 model in the meantime, does anyone know if it is
possible to use the USB keyboard under Puppy? Also, are there any
smallish distributions that run in ramdisk that do support USB keyboards?

Thanks for your help

Timbo

2. I Want "Talk" program source code

3. ANN: Puppy Linux v0.2 released, boots off a CDROM

4. fvwm95 and windows95

5. ANN: Puppy Linux

6. apache problem?

7. gated.conf, Does anyone have this puppy working on a linux box.

8. Load testing software

9. nec 4x4 CD-ROM: anyone using this puppy?

10. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking

11. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux

12. Linux in Linux in Linux in

13. proposal: feed smaller mailing lists into linux-kernel, add linux-kernel-core and linux-kernel-bugs